Nurses pay rise

Kimosabi

What I work for is largely irrelevant, I've earned more than band 6 and I've earned considerably less than band 1 throughout my different jobs.

Just jumping on the pay them more bandwagon helps nobody.

If anything it's utterly disingenuous to not even look at the pay scales with a little nuance, and you then still shout lets chuck a ton more money at everyone who could be on upto 110k and that's before antisocial or overtime!.

So where is the limit to the weekly pay £500, £750, £1000, £1500 or £2000 ?.

Sod it lets pay everyone in the NHS 55k, you'll soon wonder why petrol is £50 a litre and a loaf of bread requires a Zimbabwe style wheelbarrow of notes.

After the nurses we will then have paramedics, ambulance staff, drs, highways, train drivers, prison staff, police, firemen, teachers again and then a spineless labour government and a big empty hole of money.

If that's what you want fine, but those of us who have seen this bs before know that's what the union paymasters are drooling for.

Edited by GarethM

8 hours ago, Mesterh said:

That isn't right either. The armed forces and the emergency services should be paid well and have good working conditions. 

Good working conditions? Serving in Afghanistan? Someone please tell the taliban to stop shooting at the soldiers and if its not too much trouble would you mind not planting any roadside bombs there's a good chap, catch yourself on

• Haha 1

Too much is made of nurses. Yes we need them not that doesn’t mean they get to hold us to ransom. If that’s their attitude perhaps they are better off getting a different job. They are not as overworked as they make out either. Go spend a day in a hospital and see how many of them are standing around not really achieving much, or 3 or 4 of them sitting behind a desk laughing and giggling at something on their phones. Perhaps it’s just because I’m from an environment that if we are not moving we are not working, but I certainly don’t see hard work going on.

the fastest you see a nurse moving is when they are leaving for home at the end of their shift 

Edited by nath
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, nath said:

Too much is made of nurses. Yes we need them not that doesn’t mean they get to hold us to ransom. If that’s their attitude perhaps they are better off getting a different job. They are not as overworked as they make out either. Go spend a day in a hospital and see how many of them are standing around not really achieving much, or 3 or 4 of them sitting behind a desk laughing and giggling at something on their phones. Perhaps it’s just because I’m from an environment that if we are not moving we are not working, but I certainly don’t see hard work going on.

the fastest you see a nurse moving is when they are leaving for home at the end of their shift 

I couldn't agree more after spending time in hospital, most of them spend there day dodging about trying to put the day in 

The country has a long standing love affair with the NHS and it’s nurses. They are risking throwing this all away, but the NHS is probably going to completely collapse anyway; and probably about time too.

next few years probably won’t be the best time to get ill, but hopefully after that we will have something good to work with again 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mesterh said:

From what I can see that is the big issue.

It would seem that the Tories want the nhs to collapse for some reason. I wonder what that could be.

I wonder….it’s as if the Tory’s could solve all the funding problems with privatisation….

To the person (didn’t catch your name) making comments about how we value nurses too highly, how they “stand around” waiting for their shift to end etc- I hope your appreciation of the system is open to change! If it was such an easy job people would que up to be a nurse, and that’s not exactly happening is it?

Imagine a system like America, and how frightening that would be for some people in this current financial climate, who can’t afford to heat their house let alone pay for medical care. If things don’t change that’s where we are headed 

9 minutes ago, Treetom15 said:

I wonder….it’s as if the Tory’s could solve all the funding problems with privatisation….

To the person (didn’t catch your name) making comments about how we value nurses too highly, how they “stand around” waiting for their shift to end etc- I hope your appreciation of the system is open to change! If it was such an easy job people would que up to be a nurse, and that’s not exactly happening is it?

Imagine a system like America, and how frightening that would be for some people in this current financial climate, who can’t afford to heat their house let alone pay for medical care. If things don’t change that’s where we are headed 

Perhaps it’s time to have a two tier NHS. Those that have contributed nothing or very little get very little in return. Those that actually pay in get preferential treatment and higher standards of care and quality of products. 

I actually hope the NHS is scrapped and replaced with a far fairer system. Would maybe curb the treatment tourists.