Weight estimation for level load of Leylandii wood in single cab pickup

briscoe

2 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

I did have the old bastards paper licence, and like Rich it definitely had 12000 on it.

Apparently if I’d requested to keep it at that they wouldn’t have downrated it to 8250.

They told me this after the event.

I’m not too bothered tbh, I’m usually too pissed to care.

I tow with a defender so would (should) always be well under what I'm allowed so it makes no odds to me either.  But as I can't count very well it's also fairly academic a question.  If it moves it moves.

• Haha 1

This was a typical, and what I assumed was an underweight load of ash chip, just me in the van and no tools. Came in at 4,220kg 

2017 transit MWB tipper single cab, ply and steel frame 'arb back'

The older transit  (2008) we had with a similar size load from same job was 3,660kg 

With the up to 30% overweight just being a fine which I'd be happy to pay, is the 30% calculated on pay load or on the 3.5t weight? As in could you weigh 4,550kg before risking court/points? Guessing its payload 😞 

Screenshot_20221219-212434_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Clutchy

9 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

I did have the old bastards paper licence, and like Rich it definitely had 12000 on it.

Apparently if I’d requested to keep it at that they wouldn’t have downrated it to 8250.

They told me this after the event.

I’m not too bothered tbh, I’m usually too pissed to care.

Mark, as you know the chew on I had with mine.  

When I spoke to them I asked this and was reassured they would be exactly the same entitlements as on the paper edition.  I didn’t believe them so I ran the webpage and printed off the entitlements I had.

My license came back within 5 days and initially was impressed.  Until

I checked the entitlements.  I even showed them the Printout sheet of what I could have legally driven 5 days earlier and why had it changed?

Made the zero difference.  I even included all this info in the letter to thw CEO and Ombudsman.

It was like a little Britain Sketch where the moron sits behind the PC and can only repeat…

”Computer says no!”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GarethM said:

Briscoe cut and pasted the actual article above.

Medium-sized vehicles - Category C1

You can drive vehicles between 3,500 and 7,500kg MAM (with a trailer up to 750kg).

Category C1E

You can drive C1 category vehicles with a trailer over 750kg.

The combined MAM of both cannot exceed 12,000kg.

It might be a cut and paste but its apples and oranges 

Pre 97 on your c1e 107 is 8250 gtw 

Post 97 is now 7000 gtw 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Bolam said:

Depends what it says on your licence.

The bastards downrated mine from 12000 to 8250 when I had to swap to a new ID licence, and didn’t tell me.

They down rated it in 97 same as they did for everyone. They sent everyone a letter about it. In it it gave you the chance to claim the 12000 if you could prove you had been using it.

57 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

I am quite aware of that.  I had C1 E on my license as I passed in 1992.

I was in a minor traffic altercation in London and the Police turned up.  My old license 12000kg MAM was still registered at my family home in the North East and I had mentioned I lived around the corner.

He suggested I update my license as I was looking at a grand fine.

License came back with C1 (7500kg) plus E with a n107 towing restriction (750kg). 8250kg MAM.

So are you no saying I can drive up to 12000kg MAM?

You had to pass the c1e test to get 12000kg. Not just the car test.

Edited by Justme

45 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

Exactly.

I knew what I used to have.

I know what I had after I upgraded my paper license.

I am now after clarification from Gareth I can now drive 12000kg MAM.

Only if you passed the c1e test and take medicals as needed.

11 minutes ago, Puffingbilly413 said:

But to respond to the OP, 300-350.  Light logs and air gaps. A solid cubic metre of wet wood would be a tonne; we're nowhere near that.  But I am curious.

350 is what I estimated

713kg is the actual weight. A relatively small pile of logs with air gaps is near on 3/4 of a ton . That pile was only 1.4m heigh . It's ridiculously heavy

• Like 1

• Steve Bullman changed the title to Weight estimation for level load of Leylandii wood in single cab pickup