I've seen the light!

Trailoftears

I own a few blowers-a 36v makita-decent enough,a 4 stroke makita-weirdly quiet to me as a hardcore 2/ enthusiast+a biggish backpack stihl version-430 I believe.

Well,it just gets better and better.Apart from the usual clearing of leaf strewn woodland paths+the avoidance of lowering myself to carry a broom to cleanup lawn edges after strimming,I have now discovered a completely new role for them.Encountering moleheap ridden lawns is somewhat trying at this time of year-particularly given a lot of clients are loath to let me 'deal' with them in the time honoured way.As an old cynic,thats probably because they dont have to repeatedly scrape all the manifold heaps on a daily and repeated way.However,I have come up with both an easy and environmentally friendly way to deal with them.Strap your big backpack blower on and blow them away-I'm happy,the client is happy-everyone's a winner.I shall be shortly patenting this method,but I thought I would share it with the select few!Also another satisfying use of blowers-tho admittedly not quite so environmentally friendly is if you have the misfortune to encounter an aggressive wasps nest whilst minding your own business brushcutting and have to leg it sharpish whilst attached to a 6kg machine-There is a pervese satisfaction in returning to the scene of the crime And blowing several hundred really pissed-off wasps backards at high velocity whilst they vainly attempt to sting you to death.

Once upon a time I was in charge of a c.house hotel grounds,there was also a resident chippy+a painter.We were all q.matey really.One day at lunch in the staff room me and the painter got into a food fight and I came off worse.He was quite a cool dude-had a scrambler type road bike,belstaffs etc.I stomped back off down to my potting shed with revengeful thoughts running high.Then I noticed my stash of dead moles-I was planning to make a fur hat-it never happened!So in due course I snuck back into the staff room and gaffer-taped the oldest dead mole into the top of his full face helmet.Better still,at hometime I watched with great interest (and a straight face-just about) as he solemnly 'togged up' and off he went on his merry way.Its a tribute to gaffer tape that it held on for that evening with the helmet on his coatstand.Next morning he was confronted with an upside down dead gaffer tape strewn mole on his kitchen floor..Happy days,even now,many years later I still occasionally p#ss myself laffing at the thought of him doing 60mph on his way home with a furry friend onboard.Tempted to think thats probably a world record speed for a mole?Particulary when dead.......

• Haha 2

Where are the british entrepreneurs nowaydays?What I'm gagging for is the equivelent of a powerful backpack blower that has a lightweight say,7 meter tube that sucks and enables you to just suck grey squirrels off the lower boles of trees,ideally then,it would repurpose them internally,then spit out furry socks/hats out tutha end.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trailoftears said:

Where are the british entrepreneurs nowaydays?What I'm gagging for is the equivelent of a powerful backpack blower that has a lightweight say,7 meter tube that sucks and enables you to just suck grey squirrels off the lower boles of trees,ideally then,it would repurpose them internally,then spit out furry socks/hats out tutha end.

Mind the teeth when you’re sucking those grey squirrels off 😏

• Haha 1