Why are young’ish people leaving the job market?

eggsarascal

And do you think 90% of companies would match what you've paid in today?.

I would have been laughed out the office, warehouse, carpark and then they would have rang my mobile to laugh at me all the way home. Every employer I've worked for has been SME, they even grudged paying the absolute minimum.

2 minutes ago, GarethM said:

And do you think 90% of companies would match what you've paid in today?.

I would have been laughed out the office, warehouse, carpark and then they would have rang my mobile to laugh at me all the way home. Every employer I've worked for has been SME, they even grudged paying the absolute minimum.

I realise you are a bit slow on the subject, but those of us who are in our fifties and worked for big companies had perks that aren’t available to most these days, but we had them and took advantage of them. Are you going to try to answer the original question or not?

22 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I don’t see youngster rushing down drains.

They will once the pay goes up to the level it should be at.

Yes, there'll always be the pampered little snowflakes who would think it beneath them (excuse the pun) to do such menial work, but there's still those out there prepared to roll their sleeves up and get on with it to better themselves.

Thus you already see more young 'uns learning trades, and realising what a load of nonsense the "university for all" agenda always was.

What will change, and indeed is changing already, is that manual workers will no longer be amongst the lowest paid in society.

Nor should they be.

• Like 7

Instead of trying to be argumentive, you could have just asked that couldn't you.

The simple answer is you'll be encouraged to reduce your hours and new people will come into the industry, providing people don't financially take the piss which is what they have been doing, as you so eloquently put it you took advantage and the young are going to have to pay for it.

A pension pot is not a savings account, it's given to you whilst working people replenish the pot.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GarethM said:

A pension pot is not a savings account, it's given to you whilst working people replenish the pot.

Well actually, a private pension is supposed to be better than that, it's supposed to be an investment fund, your investment fund.

What you are thinking of is either state or public sector pension, somebody working now pays for those receiving it now. Similarly those working will pay for yours when you retire.

It is not linked to a "pot", it is not market dependant, it is predetermined and will be paid at that level,they are very different beasts.

I have one of each but my time in the public sector was a long time ago and for a limited period of time, yet still, it and the state pension are the only two I count on with any degree of certainty.

Edited by coppice cutter
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, coppice cutter said:

They will once the pay goes up to the level it should be at.

Yes, there'll always be the pampered little snowflakes who would think it beneath them (excuse the pun) to do such menial work, but there's still those out there prepared to roll their sleeves up and get on with it to better themselves.

Thus you already see more young 'uns learning trades, and realising what a load of nonsense the "university for all" agenda always was.

What will change, and indeed is changing already, is that manual workers will no longer be amongst the lowest paid in society.

Nor should they be.

This simply is not true, £40k on the books isn’t cutting it around Stoke, very few are entering the trade. More are leaving it. I’ll ask again, what are ‘we’ going to do about it?A2B6822B-943D-4290-A251-9E5ABE8E9444.thumb.jpeg.dfe26f16ec249d19894f559daea37bc1.jpeg

• Like 1