The Holy grail?

Trailoftears

7 hours ago, gand said:

Older 261's ran .325 1.6 up till about 3 year back maybe less. They brought out the updated version with the new light 04 bar ( I think it's called that. ) using .325 1.3mm. It's been used on Husqvarna's for years usually on lower powered saws and probably for a good reason. So nothing new really.

Yes I remember when Husqvarna brought it out for home owner type saws . Didnt they call it a Pixlel chain ?

Edited by Stubby

Its all v.confusing. looking at the stock .325 as supplied nxt to the picco super in the kit I bought,the picco chain is virtually identical,except the cutter lengh is praps 1.5mm shorter but no narrower.The picco is 3/8 and came with the picco 3/8 rim and has 60 rather than 67 cutters (16" chain),so is the picco semi-skip chain in a sense? Less teeth/less drag? 🤔 

1 hour ago, Trailoftears said:

Its all v.confusing. looking at the stock .325 as supplied nxt to the picco super in the kit I bought,the picco chain is virtually identical,except the cutter lengh is praps 1.5mm shorter but no narrower.The picco is 3/8 and came with the picco 3/8 rim and has 60 rather than 67 cutters (16" chain),so is the picco semi-skip chain in a sense? Less teeth/less drag? 🤔 

I sell oregon chain....all three versions of .325" the 95, 21 and 22.....so 1.3 1.5 and 1.6mm, and it is the width of the drive link in the bar that is the ONLY difference. The width of the kerf will be the same in the wood. It is the rolling resistance within the bar groove that MAY improve using a narrower drive link, but in the real world this is negligible. With respect, i think you have put yourself through a lot of stress and hassle for little or no benefit IMO

• Like 1

That's not strictly true. A .325" chain cutter tooth and links are exactly the same length and cutting width irrelevant if the drive link in the bar groove is 1.3mm 1.5mm or 1.6mm.

So  (NK .325 .050 v "regular" .325 .063) no  difference in teeth width?

but oregon says...

What is “narrow-kerf” and why does it increase cutting speed? Kerf is the width of a cutting face. The wider the cutting face, the more resistance in the cut. By creating a narrow cutting face, SpeedCut™ saw chain is able to move through the cut faster than a standard kerf saw chain.

Must mean v the 3/8 abit misleading

32 minutes ago, pleasant said:

I sell oregon chain....all three versions of .325" the 95, 21 and 22.....so 1.3 1.5 and 1.6mm, and it is the width of the drive link in the bar that is the ONLY difference. The width of the kerf will be the same in the wood.

Assuming the cutters were the same the 0.3mm reduction in drive link width would result in 0.3mm narrower kerf.