You know we argue about shite…

eggsarascal

On 21/10/2022 at 22:49, eggsarascal said:

Just got a call, mate of mine has jumped off a bridge, I’m told he was unresponsive when he was put in the ambulance, waiting on a taxi to get me and another mate to hospital. It really is to short to argue.

No it's grand, and much better than staying silent and bottling up, there's nothing worse than bottling up.

A few years ago I fractured my skull, clean break from the corner of the eye socket down to my top jaw. I had to learn how to sneeze by keeping my mouth wide open and just letting it out, pretty gross but otherwise there was a danger that I'd displace the fracture and my eye would fall out, even more gross.

Conversely, if you ever need to sneeze and have to stifle it, it'll feel like your head is gonna explode.

Anything building up isn't good, and if the exchanges here provide some sort of relief valve for anyone at all, providing they remain essentially civil, then don't under-estimate the good that may be doing.

As the Americans would say, "we're just chewing the fat".

Edited by coppice cutter

19 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

I don’t understand this one, I saw him on Wednesday and he seemed fine. Why oh why don’t blokes talk to each other if it’s going wrong?

Because we are like that we bottle it up, been there tried that. Ok wed night, walked out the door Thursday morning. Ok now but not a nice place to be, don't want to repeat it.

Mate of mine topped himself.

There had been many times in his life when it wouldn't really have been a surprise but when he did it things were good. No explanation, no reason that anyone could figure out.

Saddens me that he was in such a desperate state of mind but angers me that he left a lot of very devastated people behind.

• Like 1