Husqvarna QC330 Charger failure(s)

Southwick D

Hi,

my second QC330 charger has just failed. Flashing exclamation. 

This is the second charger unit to fail for me. First one lasted about 14 months and this one a little longer. Both units probably only charged 40 batteries. 

I am now heavily invested in Husqvarna battery equipment (saw, extension saw and trimmer, hedge trimmer and more) but I can’t afford to keep replacing failed chargers. 

Anyone else experiencing these kind of issues ?

I am so disappointed by the quality of this item and need to consider what to do next. I have thousands of pounds of battery kit that is let down by this crappy charger. All of my kit is now sitting in the shed useless because I can’t charge a battery. 

I use husky petroleum saws and have generally been very happy with husky kit but this charger is just so poor. 

It’s hard to justify spending more money on another charger with zero confidence that it will last. 

Seems a common fault with Husky chargers (sorry I am primarially a Stihl man- was a Husky main dealer way before this lithium ion stuff was even thought of!)

However all electrical goods have by EU law got to be covered by a two year warranty- the UK signed up to this way before brexit, so don't worry it still applies. Won't help you understand why they keep failing, but will at least help you obtain a new unit- however if this second failure is already a replacement for the original one that failed and the date of the ORIGINAL sale is over the 2 years now, then you won't be covered.

Definitely worth a call or email to husqvarna, lost nothing as they say.

It's not as though your going to chuck it all in the bin and start again, but would be interested in knowing why they keep failing.

I'm sure a email to bigclive on YouTube might get husqvarna to up their game and make a better charger.

• Like 1

Does it do the flashing exclamation mark when switched on or only when you insert a battery?

If it's the later have a quick check to make sure the contacts in the charger look good and that they aren't scorched or have say a bit of wood chip stuck in them. I only say this as I have seen a few machines not run due to the above but I have only had one charger fail.

If it all looks good then definitely speak to Husqvarna as something like a battery charger should be good for a very long time. 

We also have just had a 2nd charger fail, 1st one failed and replaced within the 1st 12 months under warranty. This is 2 of 5 we currently have, are the rest destined to fail the same? It isn't like they are getting extensive use. Would be very interested to hear from others with similar problems.

2 hours ago, Mark_Skyland said:

Does it do the flashing exclamation mark when switched on or only when you insert a battery?

If it's the later have a quick check to make sure the contacts in the charger look good and that they aren't scorched or have say a bit of wood chip stuck in them. I only say this as I have seen a few machines not run due to the above but I have only had one charger fail.

If it all looks good then definitely speak to Husqvarna as something like a battery charger should be good for a very long time. 

Thanks. I had checked all the contacts but will give them another look. 

I’m really disappointed with husky battery kit tbh. A fast-charger failed having had minimal use (to their credit it was replaced although technically out of the warranty period) - I’ve not dared use its replacement as bought a bog-basic slow charger to keep us working on the advice of our dealer who reckons they don’t go wrong and that is still fine.

Having invested in the batteries and charger I more recently bought a long-reach hedge cutter that has now shat it’s gearbox out of the side of the casing, having been out at work for a single-figure number of days doing light duty. I’ve not had time to get it into the dealer but Facebook gypo-Arbtalk tells me that this is a really common problem.

It’s not an issue limited to Husky as a 2 year old top of the range Makita drill stopped working on me yesterday for no apparent reason, and that has also had a very easy life.

We are now at the mercy of cheap components, non-serviceable parts and a throw-away approach to tools sadly. Warranty is now more important than ever. Toolstation, Screwfix, B&Q and Aldi/Lidl electrical gear is going to become the go-to for professionals as they will offer the easiest route for replacing crappy broken crap for more of the same (whatever colour plastic casing it has). IMO of course!