Inverter to charge 540ixp

Acerforestry

With electric costs what they are, I'm thinking it will make perfect sense to charge 18V batteries for the 540i from the winter pack 2 battery set up in my 4x4, all that is required is an inverter wired in. It's unlikely I'm going to need to use the inverter for anything with higher requirement so my question is does someone know offhand what sort of output inverter is sensible without going too far up the scale, as the prices of Durite versions for example, are not cheap generally. TIA

1 minute ago, lurch_917 said:

or you can try one of these and take your home charger with you . just make sure you get the one with the ciggi plug on it .

WWW.HALFORDS.COM

Shop the latest The 12v 150w Inverter with 2A USB is great to use on lots of different equipment rated up to 150w. at Halfords UK

sorry just seen your home charger needs 250 watts . but even then the 300 watt inverter still works out half the price of the husky car charger .

23 hours ago, GarethM said:

That does say modified since wave instead of pure sine wave. Being RS you should be able to send it back if it doesn't work tho.

The cheapest pure sine wave version is £100

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/power-inverters/1793325

RS stuff is usually quality, this has 3 year warranty. I think it will work fine. As long as outage is over 250, which it is

22 hours ago, Canal Navvy said:

Being able to charge from a vehicle is for convenience,  it's never going to be less expensive than plugging into the mains 🙂

You might have to explain that to me, lol I don't quite follow. If say, I charge any small electric appliance or tool from 12V on the move, how is that not costing less than the mains at home? Particularly given current and projected costs