Not very hidden agenda to get more and more state bale outs...

Squaredy

4 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Doing what, posting on forum? Very productive.

Yeah. That and other things. Hell ... in a minute i'm going shopping, and yes, while i do that i'll still be at work  😉  Hell ... i might even post on this forum while in the shop, all while still being at work ... i'm just that good 👍

• Like 1

Thinking about the sub-topic here; free or not as the case may be, firewood. I've noticed that a lot of construction timber gets thrown out during renovation work. Largely softwood, granted and likely to be contaminated by various things, but still, it would make good firewood. Free I'm sure for those willing to collect and process it. It'll save the builders on skip or tipping fees after all. It could also perhaps be a workable business model if people wanted to go around collecting it at scale, and then selling it on as cheap firewood

• Like 1

All local hedges are hanging heavy with blackberries, after a glorious hot sunny week of weather.

Yet I have seen zero impoverished food hungry people picking them, and these blackberries are only a 1/4 mile from the village.

But local foodbanks cannot cope.

Someone help me understand this paradoxical  conunderum?

Edited by difflock
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, John Skinner said:

It's a grant. You pay nothing. It's for those on low income or in houses that could benefit from being updated when that's beyond their means. Obviously if you are a worker drone, on a nice ample wage and your property doesn't need it ... then you're meant to buy your own and leave the grants for those that need it. It's not rocket science 🤣

Grants do not cover the full cost. The cover a portion. 

The oxymoron of people on low incomes but also homeowners. 🙄 

You are utterly clueless. Being on an “ample wage” is a lifestyle choice. A choice that requires a huge amount of time and effort to be in that position. Then you’re taxed accordingly. To then be denied the same funding as those who a to lazy or stupid to achieve anything in life is grossly unfair. 

If you’re a homeowner but chose the easy path in life you should have to pay the price for that. Not be rewarded.

Again, you continually come across as a freeloading blagger who is utterly clueless. 

Just now, difflock said:

All local hedges are hanging heavy with blackberries, after a glorious hot sunny week of weather.

Yet I have seen zero impoverished food hungry people picking them, and they are only a 1/4 mile from the village.

But foodbanks cannot cope.

First you'd need to educate folk to the fact that fruit grows on trees/bushes. Most these days think it grows in plastic containers or ready made into deep fried fruit pies

• Like 2

1 minute ago, difflock said:

Yet I have seen zero impoverished food hungry people picking them, and they are only a 1/4 mile from the village.

But foodbanks cannot cope.

Same round here, all sorts of fruit going to waste on the ground.

People don't trust naturally occurring food anymore. Didn't you know? If it's not on a supermarket shelf, or not been delivered by Uber then it can't be safe, surely?!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, difflock said:

Yet I have seen zero impoverished food hungry people picking them, and these blackberries are only a 1/4 mile from the village.

But local foodbanks cannot cope.

been doing just that

AE2CA4A3-FEF0-4997-8F39-57793FF07B65.jpeg

• Like 4