Vegan Firewood?

Bob_z_l

Hopefully this won't upset anyone on here....i.e poster isn't a site member.

If they are, all credit to you. I'll have to try it myself, using sustainable and renewable isn't enough.   :-)

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Organic grown old growth pear wood chunks fuel. Ready to use no bark. when the house was new. Pizza oven. Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Bob_z_l said:

Hopefully this won't upset anyone on here....i.e poster isn't a site member.

If they are, all credit to you. I'll have to try it myself, using sustainable and renewable isn't enough.   🙂

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Organic grown old growth pear wood chunks fuel. Ready to use no bark. when the house was new. Pizza oven. Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.

WTF?

People really will buy anything.

Here's part of the description;-

"Suitable for white meats such as turkey, pork, chicken and venison"

Edited by sime42
  • Like 3

I think it is getting quite common to see vegan on all sorts of stuff, I picked up a bottle of bubble bath the other day and that has a vegan label right on the front.

Funnily enough, I expect the logs to not actually be vegan if they are anything like mine as all sorts of things like to live in, on and around them.

• Like 2

I had a chap being a bit of a tool about the required size of his logs. Managed to settle him down after asking how large the grate as. 14" he said. Oh, no says I, I have been cutting Metric logs, that'll be the problem. 

Where does the madness end?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Paul in the woods said:

I think it is getting quite common to see vegan on all sorts of stuff, I picked up a bottle of bubble bath the other day and that has a vegan label

Meaning that it hasn't been tested by squirting it into the eyes of the poor lickle bunny rabbits, like most bubble baths. Without checking, and I could well be wrong here, I definitely wouldn't be surprised if there were ingredients of animal origin in bubble bath. They really do turn up in the strangest of places. 

With regards to the firewood though... yeah, not sure what that's all about. 

I do insist on my firewood being free-range, however. 

My favourite way to condemn vegans to starvation or compromise is to point out that anything petroleum based is made from dinosaurs etc. So if it was transported by anything other than a human with natural rubber shoes and a hemp rucksack, it’s off limits. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Paul in the woods said:

I think it is getting quite common to see vegan on all sorts of stuff, I picked up a bottle of bubble bath the other day and that has a vegan label right on the front

Does that mean I you are not vegan you can't use it ?