Fresh plant trailer... anything better than the ifor gh1054?

swinny

12 minutes ago, dan blocker said:

Doubt the GH1054 would be wide enough for most 2.6 ton diggers? 

Like it’s made to measure (which I’d imagine it was, as there isn’t much point of a plant trailer of this size otherwise!). 
C5FF250C-F2C8-4C2C-9FC2-D3FA8C6C0C4C.thumb.jpeg.a556c79651e87eee086011b128270712.jpeg
If the trailer is only to move a specific item of plant then a well-fitting plant trailer can’t be beaten (we have them sized correctly for tracked chippers and diggers). 
They are rubbish for other duties though. If you want something general purpose make sure you can take the sides off and have a flat-bed as a minimum requirement. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

Like it’s made to measure (which I’d imagine it was, as there isn’t much point of a plant trailer of this size otherwise!). 
C5FF250C-F2C8-4C2C-9FC2-D3FA8C6C0C4C.thumb.jpeg.a556c79651e87eee086011b128270712.jpeg
If the trailer is only to move a specific item of plant then a well-fitting plant trailer can’t be beaten (we have them sized correctly for tracked chippers and diggers). 
They are rubbish for other duties though. If you want something general purpose make sure you can take the sides off and have a flat-bed as a minimum requirement. 

Do you not find it rather nose heavy with it going on blade at the back?

13 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

I’d agree with Bob - particularly if moving tractors with various implements attached. A plant trailer doesn’t allow any overhang in any direction and is a real ‘one-trick-pony’. 
I’ve got a 16 foot Bateson triaxle tilt bed which is brilliant. If you aren’t looking for the lowest possible deck height (I was, to allow 3pl implements to be loaded/unloaded from the side off the deck by the tractor itself) then I’d avoid the 10’’ wheel and tyre options offered by all the various manufacturers as they are a bit of a weak point IME. 

DEC81CF9-52E0-4975-B9EA-8F0D2DC1FAA6.jpeg

224942E3-9C5E-46C2-944D-D1AA81B7EDB2.jpeg

C4C7388D-295F-47F4-B002-E35D62A32F3E.jpeg

77F59FCB-A5BF-4FE6-8C62-74AFD41C6863.jpeg

784E9D62-B968-45EE-B0A3-A9BFA41EF1E3.jpeg

5F4B6E3A-BC84-4DC5-9F07-CBFDBFEBB49A.jpeg

Dan, a plant trailer allows for loads of overhang over the rear.

It’s totally legal if you tie a filthy hi-vis on to the end of the protusion.

I see it all the time.

That 146 is a good trailer Mike, worked with my mate today who shifts his Norcar, digger, tracked chipper and 22.5m Multitel tracked MEWP with it.

Not all at once!

He also has a triaxle tilt that looks very similar to the one above, I’ll ask him pros and cons if you like?

Not sure what make.

Lead time on some of these is crazy at the moment, so that may influence your decision.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dan blocker said:

Have you ever used one, mate as one carrying 2.6 ton digger, grab, etc and finds it ideal. It’s very well made and when I’ve used it I’ve been well impressed, so much so I’ve got one ordered.

be interesting to find weight of a triple axle tilt bed with the extra axle, ram, hand pump and tank as I think payload would be down?

Not owned one but worked for a company that had a couple in the fleet. Bear in mind this was 15ish years ago. Only trailer I ever knew where a major crack came in the towing frame, you could dent the sides if you looked hard enough at them. bouncy and jerky to tow compared to others I've used. Regular bearing failures too. Not rattley to be fair but that was the rubber washers. I vividly remember towing the tipper with a navara on a roughish road and it literally making my teeth chatter. Was enough for me to discount the brand completely.

The dale kanes on the other hand, good god, they could shrug off actual abuse on a daily basis. They became the only brand in the yard in the end. Their weight goes against them but they are really well made. We regularly overloaded them with all sorts and other than the odd tyre or light plug they never had a single issue. 

Looking at comments here nugent obviously improved. Maybe they would be worth a look now

• Like 1