Tipper/chipper/tools.. ebay

treediver

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have called timber cutter dartmoor TCD for over a year, i didnt realise until we hab breakfast one day and he asked me why? i didnt even notice..

put yourself in the position of someone who may be down on his luck, lets not look for the only negative possibility of this advert, i am selling stuff, i always am, when people would call up about the mog and ask loads of technical questions i would say ' i know its green' i am a woodcutter not a mechanic, i dont care how they work as long as they do..

You mean TBC !

Yours,

TCD.

I decided to say no more as it seemed that the best thing would be to let the thread go to the arbtalk archives.

However now its been bumped up I would like to say this. (preprepared in case it got bumped up)

Perhaps it was wrong of me to say it looks dodgy due to miss identified chipper in my first post, and to clarify in my second that I was worried about the truthfulness of the maintenance claims due to said miss identification – I mean wrong to do so on a public forum

But I drove from Cheshire to Sheffield to look at a chipper that turned out to be described wrongly, and not worth the trip. I had drawn out the cash to pay for it too.

I also drove to Coventry to look at one through a dealer and the same thing happened.

So for me, the information given was enough to raise alarm bells. I won’t be able to feed my family either if I have to make long trips to look at chippers which have been described wrongly.

Therefore I reserve my right to make a decission based on the information given, I’ve already wasted a lot of time and money looking at chippers where the owner doesn’t know what they are selling.

I’m not going to start thinking poor chap etc, Its my hard earned that has to be handed over, so I posted my thoughts thinking that ebay stuff is often commented on, on arbtalk. SWB’s post made me think that the cicumstances may be quite bad for the guy, so I agreed to decist from further comment. My last couple of posts were just between me and swb.

If I was wrong to do that on arbtalk, then I appologise to the seller and any other offended parties

Sincerely Paul Brash

I decided to say no more as it seemed that the best thing would be to let the thread go to the arbtalk archives.

However now its been bumped up I would like to say this. (preprepared in case it got bumped up)

Perhaps it was wrong of me to say it looks dodgy due to miss identified chipper in my first post, and to clarify in my second that I was worried about the truthfulness of the maintenance claims due to said miss identification – I mean wrong to do so on a public forum

But I drove from Cheshire to Sheffield to look at a chipper that turned out to be described wrongly, and not worth the trip. I had drawn out the cash to pay for it too.

I also drove to Coventry to look at one through a dealer and the same thing happened.

So for me, the information given was enough to raise alarm bells. I won’t be able to feed my family either if I have to make long trips to look at chippers which have been described wrongly.

Therefore I reserve my right to make a decission based on the information given, I’ve already wasted a lot of time and money looking at chippers where the owner doesn’t know what they are selling.

I’m not going to start thinking poor chap etc, Its my hard earned that has to be handed over, so I posted my thoughts thinking that ebay stuff is often commented on, on arbtalk. SWB’s post made me think that the cicumstances may be quite bad for the guy, so I agreed to decist from further comment. My last couple of posts were just between me and swb.

If I was wrong to do that on arbtalk, then I appologise to the seller and any other offended parties

Sincerely Paul Brash

I was looking at it from the point of view of someone who has no intention of looking at this kit, but your advice is aimed at the person who may be considering what seems to be a bargain. I never thought of that last night mate, for anyone buying kit privately there is always a risk, i have been in some silly situations when i was younger buying cars and luckily came away ok. good advice paul and very well put as usual:thumbup1:

Cheers SWB, I was also thinking of Andy's comment. That really hurt me. Made me feel like some kind of vulture. That's why I'm appologising as well, because if that was the impression given, then its not good.

Sincerely again, not looking for arguments

Paul, I think nothing less of you for holding an opinion, and sticking to it, after all its a discussion forum. We all see things from different angles, and approach them in our own way. Yes, the guy had mis-named his chipper, and I cant see how. I know the name, model and even where mine has dents and scratches. But, I try to put myself in his shoes, and if I were to see some of the comments posted here, I would be truly disappointed with my fellow tree surgeons. He may lurk here, wondering whether to sign up to seek advice on his problem, for some advice on where to go next, or he could be incognito with a weird username like Shreks Wee Brother. We have to be careful with our choice of words on forum, and of course we must equally be wary when buying equipment, a fine line I think.:001_smile: