Inverted Saw Horse for Scab Wood.

trigger_andy

After having masses of scabs building up at the house I thought I’d best find a solution to handle them better. Found a design on-line that I thought looked good so built it.

The idea is you cut all the scabs to the same length and they fall into the space below for easy collection.

Will be useful for use when milling as I can just load them right onto it and when it’s full cut them so it’s ready for the next load.

IMG_1861.jpg

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

• Like 6

Looks like it will hold up the the job. If you tweaked it a bit a made a second frame/cutting bed in the opposite side, you could load up both sides and have two chainsaws operators going.

I thought that as well. But there’s only me and the second side is for easy access to collect the cut scabs.

It's funny that just a few  miles away in the west we know them as slabs. 

Slabs, scabs or backs. I find I use all three words interchangeably.

I must admit I don’t like to use the word slabs as I sell slabs/boards and it can be a bit confusing when discussing with others when you use the same word for the produce and the waste.
  • Like 1

I’m wondering why not have ‘pegs’ for the toe board allowing a far more secure attachment and you’re not going to cut them up when running a saw down? I’ve done similar at 14”spaces so all I have to do is run the saw down the uprights and off falls 14”cuts. I sell these as fire pit logs to avoid having to split down

Edited by Josh Purton