I'm getting a bit tired of this now

eggsarascal

In the last three years I've been there when three of my mates have been buried, tomorrow I'm going to Letchworth to see another mate before he goes over through cancer. I'm not normally one to be lost for words, but I'm done at the moment.

• Sad 10

18 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

In the last three years I've been there when three of my mates have been buried, tomorrow I'm going to Letchworth to see another mate before he goes over through cancer. I'm not normally one to be lost for words, but I'm done at the moment.

It’s a natural feature of getting older shag. 

The longer you last, the more funerals you are gonna attend.  

Looks like I should have avoided attending my own for a bit longer but look on the bright side pal - 

it will always be better to attend someone else’s funeral than attending your own!

Keep your chin up. 👍🏻

• Like 5

It's tough eggs, I had it last year, 3 friends passed away, one by choice, one by drink and one by life's lottery. I found it hard and it was a few sessions with my mind man to help me understand it. Ultimately I look at at as "it is what it is and I can do deck all about it apart from live my life the best I can each day" sorry for your loss.....

• Like 6

@eggsarascal

When my mother passed in April 2010 I then attended another four family funerals that year. In 2011/12 I attended a further seven funerals of both family and very close friends/workmates .

I am to this day "funeraled out". 

I see where you're coming from but as Mr Johnson says...........

• Like 5

On 05/04/2022 at 23:29, eggsarascal said:

Its all part of getting older, been to several funerals this last 3 or 4 years of people i either worked with or shot with, some quite old and some not, got i mate over on the east coast who i think is just waiting for his number coming up and a family member in his late 30s who is battling cancer, Had a conversation with a lad who i knocked about with at school who ended up being a funeral director and he said to me one eve that he cant believe the amount of people he has laid to rest who was at school with us either a bit younger, same age or a bit older, but its like the saying goes, there is only 2 things in life that are garentee,d, one there going to screw the lid down on the box one day and two you are going to pay a shit load of tax on the way,,,

• Like 2

T'was a long day for about 20 minutes chat. He's done for, cancer has spread right through him, 51 is a young age to go! I know it is what it is, but they are falling down around me.

Another good lad who I worked, lived and partied with.

Thanks for the messages.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6