2 stroke pre mix ?

lurch_917

Just now, Paul in the woods said:

https://blog.stihl.co.uk/6-reasons-stihl-motomix-fuel/

Did you know that STIHL MotoMix fuel can stand the test of time? You’ll need to keep it in a dry and dark place at an average temperature of 20°C, but when you do that it can last for up to five years! Meaning you won’t have to buy a new batch of fuel if you aren’t using your STIHL tools every day, which makes MotoMix a great economical choice.

Same applies to Aspen 2T  and Husqvarna XP power 2T .

9 minutes ago, Paul in the woods said:

Yes, I expect the base fuel is all very similar, just the oil different. I tend to use Motomix now as it's easier to get hold of, when my local Stihl dealer has it in stock that is.

I started on Aspen then went Husqvarna  just coz my dealer cold no longer get the Aspen but could get the Husqvarna one . I buy the 4 stroke one and mix it at 50:1 with Redline 2t racing oil as I have a good bit left .

• Like 1

On 10/03/2022 at 07:53, Stihllymok said:

Same here, no issues at all. Guy at my local dealer claims his GF worked at some place that made motormix and it's based on aspen but not as good 🤷

I was working out the other day ..

Aspen is £3.76 a litre Inc vat for 25L

Normal crap E10 and HP super in the 1Ls is approx £2.76 at current prices.

Factor in E5 or one shots and normal fuel is more exspensive so..🤷

Handy having a 25L sat there atm any way when all the idiots take a run at the pumps again.

How do you get £2.76?

Husqvarna xp fully synthetic, £15 for a litre, mixed 50:1 costs 30p for a litre of fuel mix. Thankfully I've yet to need to fill my car since the Ukraine invasion started but I thought E10 was about £1.55/L, and super is probably about £1.70/L.  So about £1.85-2 for a litre of mix.

5 litres of Aspen or motomix is £20, so about twice the price of pump fuel.

5 minutes ago, neiln said:

How do you get £2.76?

Husqvarna xp fully synthetic, £15 for a litre, mixed 50:1 costs 30p for a litre of fuel mix. Thankfully I've yet to need to fill my car since the Ukraine invasion started but I thought E10 was about £1.55/L, and super is probably about £1.70/L.  So about £1.85-2 for a litre of mix.

5 litres of Aspen or motomix is £20, so about twice the price of pump fuel.

i was a bit out on my oil calcs🤦‍♂️ i got fuel at 1.90 which it is here atm .

no one in their right mind uses E10 surely for a saw ?

my point was the gap is narrowing and good luck getting fuel once extinction rebellion start blockading..🤬🤬

• Like 1

I don't use E10 no.  I use Esso synergy supreme 99+ as although it's marked e5 they guarantee its ethanol free over most of the country.  I was chatting to a tree surgeon that I get a lot of arb waste from and he was still using E10, but I told him he might want to consider Esso to avoid the ethanol.  He goes through mix so fast though, E10 won't be sitting around with him.

£1.90!  Lordy.  I could see it going considerably higher though.  I'll be putting Aspen in my car if it doesn't go up similarly!

2 hours ago, neiln said:

I don't use E10 no.  I use Esso synergy supreme 99+ as although it's marked e5 they guarantee its ethanol free over most of the country.  I was chatting to a tree surgeon that I get a lot of arb waste from and he was still using E10, but I told him he might want to consider Esso to avoid the ethanol.  He goes through mix so fast though, E10 won't be sitting around with him.

£1.90!  Lordy.  I could see it going considerably higher though.  I'll be putting Aspen in my car if it doesn't go up similarly!

99+ is a really high octane fuel - do your saws run well on something designed for high compression engines  ?

• Like 1

I must admit i have went to the high octane fuel since this E10 thing came about, but a few boys are saying it really is not good for saws.

Not 100% but i do think my 550 is 4 stroking more since i went to fancy fuel

So thinking of going back to the cheap fuel, sitting about is not an issue as going throu 20+ litres most weeks.

Ironically starting to use the high octyane in my quad as it has ran terribly for years now as not used so much anymore and has problems with water in the fuel, so going to start using E5+ a stabiliser