Cheap rope for speedline?

gibbon

if youre tensioning the line quite a bit/lot then you will overload that absail rope, double esterlon will be stronger but will sag more

Which makes it unsuitable for the task does it not? static line is obvious choice for such a span as other lines would have to be overtensioned

if youre tensioning the line quite a bit/lot then you will overload that absail rope, double esterlon will be stronger but will sag more

But then the cost of that length of rope is likely to be unrealistic for this job. I cant imagine needing 120m of double esterlon regularly enough to warrant speading several hundred pounds on it for a job. I'd ideally like something workable for £100 but not sure if this is realistic

see your point, if thats the case then kepp the weight of the peices down or bite the bullet & invest in some 12mm dyneema or technora (it wont be that much more expensive & can replace the crapy steel cable which is currently on your landy winch) i bought 200m not that long ago and it was dead cheap, since i bought it ive used it a few times. Even with static line a 100m length is gona sag loads right up to its break strain. A millatry rigging expert once told me that a zip on the 11mm static line they used should not be used on any length over 50m due to it becoming overloaded once the nesesery tension was exerted. I am hoping to research the forces on zip lines before long but it is prooving v.expensive & will have to involve funding from several industies.

see your point, if thats the case then kepp the weight of the peices down or bite the bullet & invest in some 12mm dyneema or technora (it wont be that much more expensive & can replace the crapy steel cable which is currently on your landy winch) i bought 200m not that long ago and it was dead cheap, since i bought it ive used it a few times. Even with static line a 100m length is gona sag loads right up to its break strain. A millatry rigging expert once told me that a zip on the 11mm static line they used should not be used on any length over 50m due to it becoming overloaded once the nesesery tension was exerted. I am hoping to research the forces on zip lines before long but it is prooving v.expensive & will have to involve funding from several industies.

how much is dead cheap and where did you get it from please

I am needing some soon

cheers

Same here, would come in very handy.

As long as its not the same place where you get that none CE marked hitch cord:sneaky2: