Knocking a house down

peds

If they're self employed the company aren't going to do anything as they should have budgeted staying somewhere in the price.

That's why I asked, if they're on the payroll then I'd blame the company for not atleast making an attempt to sort things.

Well, I can't say for sure, but the roofer I've got coming in used to work for the same crowd and left to focus on his own business mostly as a result of shenanigans like this.

So, new question, I've been chatting to the fitters and I've offered to pay their costs for the remaining 2 days they say it'll take, and I'll tell the company that I'll just knock it off their final invoice if it isn't sorted by the end of today.

What legal legs does this have, do you think?

Probably about as many legs as a snake unless you have it in writing.

Nose spite face comes to mind in the greater scheme of the costs of the build, they kinda hold all the cards at the moment.

Bite your lip for the sake of a hundred quid or so in fuel.

Plus your in Scotland aren't you, they are a bit more a contract is a contract especially regarding property.

Dumb thought, why not just offer any of the work guys the apartment for £45 a night ?.

Edited by GarethM
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Plus your in Scotland aren't you, they are a bit more a contract is a contract especially regarding property.

Ireland. It's definitely something we'd have in writing anyway, we've learned that a few times so far during the build.

2 minutes ago, dumper said:

I’d be onto the company looking for liquidated damages for non completion, if you pay direct probably lose all warranty , phone company tell them each day of no work is going to cost them then think of a figure and double it 

Well the scaffold we've got up isn't cheap, we are already looking at 2 weeks extra rental for it, minimum.

Thanks for the advice guys, the situation is fluid and ongoing, I'll keep you posted.

• Like 1