Energy costs

eggsarascal

Surely not - that's more fossil fuel.  The less of that we use the better

But the reality is that we can’t run without natural gas and have to import from other countries. Bulk LPG tankers…hardly an environmental solution.
It’s all smoke and mirrors and about us meeting our National environmental commitments whilst other exporters couldn’t give a stuff. Does it matter where the O&G comes from, it’s still releasing carbon when burnt?
Thinking that we shouldn’t draw our own gas resources whilst importing from elsewhere is like having a”No pissing” area in a swimming pool.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Big J said:

Actually, we've never owned a house here. The capital is built up from 10 plus years of business ownership. It's a very modest amount, to be honest. 

I suppose I ought to rephrase it insofar that I want to live in Scandinavian capitalist society. Socially responsible entrepreneurism, which is very much the mode de rigueur in Sweden.

As for communal living - tried that 15 years ago and not again, thanks! I'm far, far too antisocial.

I picked you up wrong then. I though you had a mortgage for a modest home in Devon (all relative)  and selling allowed you to release capital to purchase outright? 

I guess I’ll put my soapbox back in it’s drawer. 🤣 

Come on J. We can join that other lad on here that does the group sex commune thing. At least if we do it in Sweden we can pretend we’ve made it a personal choice. ;) :P 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I picked you up wrong then. I though you had a mortgage for a modest home in Devon (all relative)  and selling allowed you to release capital to purchase outright? 

I guess I’ll put my soapbox back in it’s drawer. 🤣 

Come on J. We can join that other lad on here that does the group sex commune thing. At least if we do it in Sweden we can pretend we’ve made it a personal choice. ;) :P 

Haha! 😆

You have been to Sweden, right? If I was going to organise some sort of group sex thing, I'm not going to import some ugly bastard from Scotland! 

The Scandis must come to the UK and think we're a country of trolls, truly. Tall, tanned, slim and usually blonde, I've already teased the missus that I'll be looking to take on a couple of extra Swedish wives :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Big J said:

Oh don't do yourself down. I'm sure that there are some penal establishments in the Deep South where you'd be a nice catch 😄

You'd not catch me in parts of Malmö, Göteborg or Stockholm any more than some of the shittier places in the UK. Cities are more of problem than individual countries.

In Louisiana I was asked if I Squeal like a pig. I’m told there is no greater form of endearment there. 

Swedens views on immigration are truly misguided. It’s destroying the country and destabilising it at the time. Intentional? I guess time will tell. But if you wish to run from the event horizon of globalisim there’s few places left in the western world.

Id plum for Canada info was a bit younger,  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Big J said:

Haha! 😆

You have been to Sweden, right? If I was going to organise some sort of group sex thing, I'm not going to import some ugly bastard from Scotland! 

The Scandis must come to the UK and think we're a country of trolls, truly. Tall, tanned, slim and usually blonde, I've already teased the missus that I'll be looking to take on a couple of extra Swedish wives :D

You’re not thinking clearly J. Being the only Brit you’ve clearly marked yourself as the most unattractive in the room. Invite me and you’ve halved those odds. You’ve gotta think smart. 

The Nordics (rightly) see as in the same light the Romans seen the Western Europeans. (Celts, Huns etc) exciting but dirty heathens. The Scandinavians love our “brown” pubs, our football and the chants that come with it. They come over, often with season tickets, to scream and roar. To chant, to experience the rougher side of life then take a flight home to a far superior standard of living. 

The working class people in the stands think they love us and want to emulate us but they’re sorely mistaken. They’ve just taken a day-trip to the Zoo. 

Edited by trigger_andy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

In Louisiana I was asked if I Squeal like a pig. I’m told there is no greater form of endearment there. 

Swedens views on immigration are truly misguided. It’s destroying the country and destabilising it at the time. Intentional? I guess time will tell. But if you wish to run from the event horizon of globalisim there’s few places left in the western world.

You're a whippersnapper, go now if you want a change. Put your big boys pants on and go, our kids after us going to Australia, I'm not sure yet.

10 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Canada has pretty liberal views too, particularly concerning immigration. Pretty much every Lebanese Muslim I’ve met seems to have Canadian residency.  
Not sure I could tolerate living in a state run by that clown Trudeau! 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

You're a whippersnapper, go now if you want a change. Put your big boys pants on and go, our kids after us going to Australia, I'm not sure yet.

I’m 42, not so young. My job could could potentially get me anywhere I wanted globally. It’s not the points system nor expertise that’s the limiting factor here. It’s the missus. 

Not to mention the fact I’d earn half as much as I do now and be expected to work twice the days at a minimum. 

11 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Try it you might like it. You can always come back. If it wasn’t for the kids being the age they are with school. I’d be off trying somewhere new again. I think I’d try America though as I went Far East working last time. To old to try and learn a language now.

8 minutes ago, Commando said:

Canada has pretty liberal views too, particularly concerning immigration. Pretty much every Lebanese Muslim I’ve met seems to have Canadian residency.  
Not sure I could tolerate living in a state run by that clown Trudeau! 

I agree. It’s a frightening place these days. Covid has allowed almost every western country to impose fascist policies without much resistance at all. It does not help when you’ve half the nation (and half this forum) wanking them off as the do so. (You know who you are) 

But Canada is a vast country where you can just vanish if you so wished. But re-emerge and want a bone set? No vaccine? Well fark you.

We’re sleep waking into this. And the usual suspects are scoffing the whole time. The Twat here who blows with the wind is finally seeing the writing on the wall. He really is a simp. 🤮🤣

• Like 2