New energy price cap and fire wood prices

neiln

Not really shells fault is it though? They trade their product on the open market, and that's the price it's selling for. They're (AFAIK) not trading their gas, which is driving that profit, as part of a cartel or keeping supply low. They still have a debt to equity ratio of 25% so plenty of debt from their investments, lost 4.4bn this time last year, and don't forget they're a public company, so alot of their owners will be pensions and mutual funds. I.e. you and I. 

Edited by Ben Pinnick

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

What sort of question is that?

Even allowing for your north of Hadrian’s Wall heathenry and off shore rough neckery, what sort of self respecting anarchist wouldn’t be home in time for afternoon tea?

Scones BTW not crumpets!

The real question is cream on the top or the bottom? 

41 minutes ago, Ben Pinnick said:

Not really shells fault is it though? They trade their product on the open market, and that's the price it's selling for. They're (AFAIK) not trading their gas, which is driving that profit, as part of a cartel or keeping supply low. They still have a debt to equity ratio of 25% so plenty of debt from their investments, lost 4.4bn this time last year, and don't forget they're a public company, so alot of their owners will be pensions and mutual funds. I.e. you and I. 

@MarkJ - I think my capitalist credentials are being questioned / usurped by Richie’s new best mate above....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Of the jam I presume you mean....?

Its scone, then cream, then jam, then a 🍓 on top. 

Anything else is illogical. 

Exactly! That’s the way I do it. Clotted cream is harder to spread than jam so it makes sense to spread it against the firmness of the scone. Why anyone would put jam on first and try to spread the cream on after is anyones guess. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Exactly! That’s the way I do it. Clotted cream is harder to spread than jam so it makes sense to spread it against the firmness of the scone. Why anyone would put jam on first and try to spread the cream on after is anyones guess. 

Mental !

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I dunno - is it even relevant?

Profit quadrupled - as it is being reported. 

Domestic bills doubled  - profit quadrupled. 

The optics of that are not good...

Although unlikely it's possible that there post tax profit's haven't changed meaning that it was beyond there control! Also the figure by itself is just displayed to cause trouble! Have there sales stayed static or quadrupled as well what was there profit percentage last year? Most companies relying on fuel for there income took quite a battering the first year of lock down due to very limited car use! So whilst it could just be blatant profiteering it could also be a collection of causes allowing the press to present a sensationalist figure that is no whare near the true picture!

Edited by billy_wizz
Missed word