Husqvarna battery charger fault

monkeybusiness

Hi - I’ve got a Husky QC500 battery charger used with 2x Husky 300 batteries.

It is 14 months old, and has done 7 or 8 charges max. It’s kept indoors on a workbench, plugged in to normal mains supply when in use.

It has now stopped working - I swapped the fuse but that’s not brought it back to life. I’m sure I’ve heard other people mention issues with these chargers - does anyone have experience of them failing at all?

Cheers, Dan 

1 hour ago, adw said:

There is an internal non replaceable fuse in these things, if it is only 14 months old take it back to where you purchased it from, it should last a lot longer than than, let us know how you get on.

I bought it with a load of Husky kit from a dealer that was getting out of their Husqvarna franchise (GA Groundcare) on 13 October last year - I’m not sure if it will be possible to return it to them now. (It was a proper sale with full receipt etc). 
I feel a bit of an arse taking it to another Husky dealer, particularly with it being over 12 months old. 

55 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

I bought it with a load of Husky kit from a dealer that was getting out of their Husqvarna franchise (GA Groundcare) on 13 October last year - I’m not sure if it will be possible to return it to them now. (It was a proper sale with full receipt etc). 
I feel a bit of an arse taking it to another Husky dealer, particularly with it being over 12 months old. 

I have found dealers ok about stuff they didn’t sell.

Three dealers within an hour of me have stopped doing Husqvarna over the last few years so I have ended up bringing saws to different dealers.

Apparently, they do ok on warranty jobs.

• Like 1

Take it to your local dealer. Hopefully it will of be been registered for warranty  (you'll be surprised how many things aren't) take your receipt, hopefully it has the serial no. on it. That makes life far easier when it comes to claiming for warranty. If they've come out of their dealership hopefully they did everything properly towards the end. We've been able to register machines etc after the sale from other dealers, but it can be a long process without serial numbers on the receipt 

6 hours ago, gand said:

Take it to your local dealer. Hopefully it will of be been registered for warranty  (you'll be surprised how many things aren't) take your receipt, hopefully it has the serial no. on it. That makes life far easier when it comes to claiming for warranty. If they've come out of their dealership hopefully they did everything properly towards the end. We've been able to register machines etc after the sale from other dealers, but it can be a long process without serial numbers on the receipt 

There is a code against the charger on the receipt (967 09 15-02) but I suspect that is an internal product code, not the serial number. 
I’ll pop it into Chelford Farm Supplies and see what they say (I’ve bought plenty of other Husky kit from them in the past) when I’m next over that way. 

Sadly the supplying dealer didn’t register it when sold to me, and it turns out it was made in 2017(!) so had been sat on his shelf for a few years prior to sale. 
Chelford reckon there is no chance of getting anywhere with Husky, so I’ve brought it home and will open it up myself for a look when I get time over Xmas (if I haven’t chucked it in the bin before then!). 

I find it incredible that something so relatively basic has irreparably failed so quickly - it doesn’t give me a great deal of faith in the Husky battery kit tbh. I’ve got Bosch, Hitachi and Makita chargers that are all really old and have all seen a lot of use and they never break. Chelford reckon they’ve seen a lot of similar failures in these chargers - what a load of Mickey Mouse crap!!! 
81A7A8BC-4FD0-463D-B772-4F29733EE6FA.thumb.jpeg.10a3e41d99ef46638fbe3c06bb88029d.jpeg