What Mog???

Fat Boy Slimmed

Most chip trucks on the road are illegal/ over weight mine just dont look it!!!

By stiffening your suspension you will have stopped the brake adjuster, that increases your rear braking when loaded, from working.

If you are involved in a serious accident and this is found to have contributed, you could be in very serious trouble :thumbdown:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By stiffening your suspension you will have stopped the brake adjuster, that increases your rear braking when loaded, from working.

If you are involved in a serious accident and this is found to have contributed, you could be in very serious trouble :thumbdown:

On the occassions of i have driven a full truck load and trailer load the breaking has never been compromised. the whole rig was designed for this in mind! :sneaky2:

Know you know why i need to expand into a larger vehicle!!! :thumbup:

what about this:thumbup1:its a 10ton merc lorry(ag reg) side tipper, rear hiab, hiab winch200bhp mog engine, 4 wheel drive, diff locks, low box,front 5 ton winch and it has a rear pto, you can stick a chipper on the back and make a huge chip box for it, or tow a big old chipper no worries. I have had mogs, a small one and a huge one, and this is about the middle, very manouverable and as wide as a transit:biggrin:

:001_tt1::drool:

On the occassions of i have driven a full truck load and trailer load the breaking has never been compromised. the whole rig was designed for this in mind! :sneaky2:

Its when it is part loaded that it will be dangerous (as the load sensor will not know its loaded, as the suspension is too stiff) and when fully loaded as it does not have brakes rated for the weight you are carrying.

Stevie's truck would be a very good next move for you, IMO, very good value for money!!!!!!!!!:thumbup1:

As far as i know you can run red diesel as long as you go no further that 15 miles from your base!

:thumbup:

the red diesel thing is a nightmare, one link says one thing, one says another. look at the cylage contractors, they go all over the area on red, if you are like me FBS, i live in a rural area, most of the time i am on country roads with in 2 miles from my yard which is a farm, i have never been quizzed or questioned on running mogs on red, i have worked with the police on jobs and have asked them, they just look at the tax disc and say its ok:confused1::001_smile:and most of us dont sell chip and use the logs ourselfs, so we arent making money on the road

Its when it is part loaded that it will be dangerous (as the load sensor will not know its loaded, as the suspension is too stiff) and when fully loaded as it does not have brakes rated for the weight you are carrying.

Stevie's truck would be a very good next move for you, IMO, very good value for money!!!!!!!!!:thumbup1:

130's are set up as per SAS spec and designed to take 5 tonn.

:thumbup:

How can a mot every year, road tax and 3X the insurance not to mention the parking issues of 7.5 tonn and above, compare to free road tax, no MOT, 1/2 priced fuel and really cheap tractor insurance!

Most of my work is within 15 miles of base though and my main groundie cannot drive.

Also Stu wont be at the yard much longer, I have better things to spend my money on!

If on tractor insurance would this cover you for tree work ?

I thought it had to be declared on the time of proposal the actual use of machine ?

If in an accident could insurance refuse to pay out ?

not digging just curious