Future Firewood Demand Optimism?

Billhook

So they fell, sned, transport, process, stack and deliver firewood for 40 quid a cube?

I'm missing something here.

Never mind the cost of replanting.

Unless there's some serious forestry subsidies being paid out somebody is simply not making money.

Not having a go, just curious as to how it can be so cheap.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

Looking at the scale I guess thats a hobby log seller. I guess with so much wood in the county there might be enough of hobbyists to satisfy demand? 

J did say its largely small woodland owners processing their own timber .

Just now, Stubby said:

J did say its largely small woodland owners processing their own timber .

I find that hard to believe though. They're literally on the boarder with the Country that makes various brands of world class firewood processors. They also have seemingly world class forests and roads and equipment all geared towards timber harvesting. 

Perhaps the firewood processors are selling to Norway? :D 

• Like 1

Just now, trigger_andy said:

I find that hard to believe though. They're literally on the boarder with the Country that makes various brands of world class firewood processors. They also have seemingly world class forests and roads and equipment all geared towards timber harvesting. 

Perhaps the firewood processors are selling to Norway? :D 

So you think Jonathan is lying ?

8 minutes ago, Stubby said:

He don't fool you though Andy 🙂

Im joking of course. 

This is a fairly large operation that sold out last winter and cannot keep up with demand. They're one of many. Saying that they are very cheap as well. 2000SEK for 2m3 of softwood. 2500SEK for Birch, like Norway Birch is the firewood of choice.

I work with a few Swedish lads and also a few who keep a cabin over there.

STORSVEDENVED.SE

Köp schysst ved utan mellanhänder. Räkna ut pris på vår hemsida och beställ direkt hem till din dörr. Klimatsmart hemleverans och fri frakt.

186080034_1954902248009463_2119726553297220140_n.jpg

• Like 3

Just now, Stubby said:

So , every time you say " I find that hard to believe " its joke ? 😁

No, I stand by that. But just because I find someone elses point of view 'hard to believe' it does not mean I think they are lying, just that from my point of view I dont agree, at least at this stage. I could be very wrong, as could J. Thats why I said it was hard to believe and did not accuse him of lying. J could well be right and although I currently find it hard to believe it does not mean I cant change my mind. 

I was joking about calling J a liar.  

I find your sense of humor 'hard to believe'  though. :P

• Haha 1