Cornflake driving licences

Justme

• 3 months later...

It’s happened, the kids can tow again with out taking a test 

The rules about towing a trailer or caravan with a car changed on 16 December 2021. Find out how the changes affect you.

good or bad im not sure, it’s good for the like of my kids that can drive most things since they were old enough to reach the peddles BUT bad that town folk can use stuff they don’t understand 

• Like 1

On 10/09/2021 at 23:35, muttley9050 said:
On 10/09/2021 at 22:53, topchippyles said:
I should think for insurance purposes business will need drivers with a certified ticket. Bit like having a cscs card in construction.

I doubt it. A cscs card is just a health and safety training scheme. If it's on your licence why would you need training.

Because it’s Work equipment if you’re an Employee, and the Employer has a duty to ensure you’re properly trained and competent to operate it.

A good example is a Tractor, your car license covers it, but if an Employer lets you near one they have to ensure you’re adequately trained.

Not saying Employers will, but the point regarding insurance is valid and how the CPCS cards for Plant Operation first gained traction, with Insurance companies insisting Operators had it.

Why as an insurer wouldn’t you insist on training of employees it’s a straightforward no brainer to reduce your risk, on paper at least, as almost any training competency can be purchased without much requirement to do the training if required to tick the box.

What you do in your own time or setup is totally different. 

Having Trailer and 7.5 tonner given to me without training, never did me any harm, and it’ll cause some shake up in certain areas of business, as 2.6 tonne Diggers, and 3.5 tonne Chippers, and Ifor Tippers, get on everyone’s radar.

Eddie.

Edited by LGP Eddie
  • Like 1