Medium harvesting saw recommendation

DocMustard

Evening all, thanks again for the advice, have to get an EGR valve for my truck now, which will eat up the budget next week! So plan put back a few weeks, but I am favouring the Husqvarna saws after a lot of reading and the recommendations made here. Give yourselves a pat on the back for passing your wisdom on. 

• Like 1

Look out for a decent condition Husky576, put an 8 pin sprocket on and run a 16" bar most of the time.  The saw will happily pull a 2' bar should you need it to.

It's unlikely that PPE will have much of an effect on a 576 with a 16" bar, so that's worth bearing in mind.

Edited by Mark J

11 hours ago, Dbikeguy said:

Husky 550 with an 18” bar, love how fast it cuts pref on the narrower kerf bar and chain, pick that up over the 562 unless i need a longer bar

The 550 is a great saw, and can be had for about £570 i think so not too much over budget.

Mine only has a 15 on it, great little saw.

9 hours ago, Mark J said:

Look out for a decent condition Husky576, put an 8 pin sprocket on and run a 16" bar most of the time.

That'd be an animal! My 572 with a 20 doesn't ever really slow down, let alone with a 16.

9 hours ago, Mark J said:

Look out for a decent condition Husky576,

When the 576 came out  I sold my 372 and bought one and found it to be a pointless saw .  It weighed almost as much as the out going 385 and made less power .  So I sold it again and bought another 372 which Spud ported for me and still have it today .

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Stubby said:

When the 576 came out  I sold my 372 and bought one and found it to be a pointless saw .  It weighed almost as much as the out going 385 and made less power .  So I sold it again and bought another 372 which Spud ported for me and still have it today .

I was gifted the 576. I loved that saw.
I have a 200t that Spud put together for me about seven years ago and it's never missed a beat.