Woobly wheels on mowers

Stere

Anyone bodged up wheels on a mower?

Have an old mculloch that was junked as all wheels  worn so  bad they wooble and bind so it won't push anymore.

Plastic has worn on the wheels against the axles (doesn't have bearings). Axles may of worn also, as used a digitial caliper and think axle standard is 1/2"  but now they seem near 12mm?

Shit wheel seems standard now for mowers as bearings or proper bushs than costr £2 each must be deeemd to expensive?

Rest of mower in good condition new wheels cost £20 each  axles £20 so thats £160 parts for a  mower that was £260 new.

So  junk a mower coz wheel wooble...

Thought might fit theese:

But plastic wheels have no meat to drill our to 15mm

Rebush if you have a little lathe , but its a bugger fr a cheap end mower  , bronze is dear  :/  nylon might be good enuff ? K

Edited by Khriss
( bit of bright mild steel roond bar fr axles )

2 hours ago, Khriss said:

Rebush if you have a little lathe , but its a bugger fr a cheap end mower  , bronze is dear  :/  nylon might be good enuff ? K

Go the whole hog and turn up some from PTFE .

What about Delrin, always a good material.

Get some pics up, I am sure some ideas will flow. You mention 1/2" and 12mm......call me stupid but 1/2" is around 12.5mm so 0.5mm of wear, seems pretty small to me.

Probably best to drill the wheels out slightly and push in some bush material or turn the axle down and push on a bush. 

1 hour ago, Dan Maynard said:

I'd push some delrin bushes in, used to use it loads for bearings on machinery.

I have rebushed our fridge door with delrin, needs doing again now. Bloody thing - only had it 15 years and the door keeps wearing out.

Put yr heavy stuff like milk near the hinge, k

• Like 1