Another dodgy machine

Jack.P

Bought this high end Stihl Strimmer  from new and had it in for 2 warranty repairs but it is still not great and never really was ,yesterday it was ok on the first tank then after that felt underpowered and engine /idle speed up and down .ive now got a large clearing job and thinking this would struggle .maybe 40cc just isn’t enough for what it’s used for.its also been serviced and can confirm it’s crap

1 hour ago, Khriss said:

40cc should be enuff if yr on string, blades may make it struggle. What model? K 

I have found that my KM130 is fine with any of the blades I have fitted, but 2.7mm line can make it struggle a little, depending on what you're among. The KM100s aren't really man enough for that.

I would expect anything over 40cc to cope easily, unless it's fitted with a cutting device that's seriously too big. 

1 hour ago, Khriss said:

40cc should be enuff if yr on string, blades may make it struggle. What model? K 

Alright mush, it’s a 91 Stihl which I think is 40cc .came with a tree cutting blade but never came out the box as underpowered even for a line .i only run 2.4mm and struggles after a while in thick grass /weeds .its alright for the first half an hour usually ,when it first starts the idle speed is fine then after the 30mins it will be going at full speed lol making holes in the lawn

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jack.P said:

Alright mush, it’s a 91 Stihl which I think is 40cc .came with a tree cutting blade but never came out the box as underpowered even for a line .i only run 2.4mm and struggles after a while in thick grass /weeds .its alright for the first half an hour usually ,when it first starts the idle speed is fine then after the 30mins it will be going at full speed lol making holes in the lawn

WWW.STIHL.CO.UK

For working on large areas of tough grass. Simplified starting, bike handle, control handle with stop button, 4-MIX® engine...

""28.4cc""" one up from a Pencil sharpener! 1.3HP

If you was wanting something nearer 40cc it would be the Fs240. Also the blade is a grass cut one. Not for cutting tree's or even brambles! If you were to want to cut tree's as it were you'd be wanting something like the the fs460 at least 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gand said:

If you was wanting something nearer 40cc it would be the Fs240. Also the blade is a grass cut one. Not for cutting tree's or even brambles! If you were to want to cut tree's as it were you'd be wanting something like the the fs460 at least 

Yep "Mush" will have to get his Wallet out instead of sniffing around ToysRus!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jack.P said:

Moment of madness got me a Lidls special polesaw/brushcutter/hedger 45cc, no bother at all even with a mulcher blade on it, that Stihl should manage yr job 🙁. K

• Like 1