Defender tipper Wanted.

Aisakelly

On 17/05/2021 at 12:21, Hodge said:

I have a 130 crew cab tipper, it's my 3rd one. I had the last one for 12 years. I get a good load of chip in mine and have plenary of top sites. Transits May get plenty of chip in but won't be legal driving full or towing I suspect. I have updated suspension and air bags on the rear, updated anti roll bar. It's perfect for what I need for my business, I can get it in where transits and the likes won't go.. Let the haters hate.IMG_1126.jpg

25 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

Mines not a full arb back Paddy, DC Transit with ali sides and 1/4 top.

2-up in the cab plus dog and tools goes 2850 on the bridge empty.

All the 130 tippers I’ve seen have been single cabs.

That sounds about right. I weighed mine empty yesterday and tools and driver it was 2730.

That's why I was curious about weights with Hodge, he's got a 130 crew cab tipper.  

• Like 1

Got rid of my chassis rotten 90 a month ago as I couldn’t face a chassis replacement along with the full renovation required. This against 4K in my hand selling her as against the 2K I paid for her 10 years ago from my work place where it was previously my works vehicle.
Her longest trip in my care was a trip from the NE of Scotland to Poole with a large twin axle Ifor Williams to collect an E class estate from Jersey. Reckon I was on the towing limit and way over on the nose weight. Got a bit of excitement on the M6 where the trailer got in a big weave because of the lack of weight over the drawbar. Couldn’t believe that the tyres remained on the trailer wheels as the Defenders rear wheels were being lifted off the ground and chirping at each landing. The Missus beside me was adding to the drama too, and all the following traffic that eventually passed showed their appreciation of how lucky we’d been🤣. Put the car right to the front of the trailer after that and ignored the measly drawbar weight limit. Shortly afterwards the Traffic Police gave me a follow for about 15 miles before being tempted away by something more pressing, which at the time felt a bit like a driving test. Great vehicles but amazed that they have such a large towing allowance, and the thought of putting large amounts weight high up over the rear of the chassis seems a little crazy when a trailer seems more appropriate.

• Like 1

Maybe, I just went off the data sheet as I thought they were 3500. More googling says they are (I don't know where my manual is as it must have the proper number in there). 

I'd still be interested to see an an arb converted double cab tipper on a weighbridge

I'm going to take mine and get it weighed.[emoji79]
  • Like 1

That sounds about right. I weighed mine empty yesterday and tools and driver it was 2730.

That's why I was curious about weights with Hodge, he's got a 130 crew cab tipper.  

So am I, I'm going to get it weighed [emoji79] let's see what it comes out at. I'll problem be in for a shock[emoji85]
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hodge said:

So am I, I'm going to get it weighed emoji79.png let's see what it comes out at. I'll problem be in for a shockemoji85.png

I got a shock when mine was mot at a up to date mot station which have a brake test machine which weighs truck then evaluates the brakes performance. 

2650kg.

• Like 1