18 year old single malt .

Stubby

Hey  

If you are up for trying something different try Redbreast 15 year old. its Irish and Pot stilled so a bit different from the peated ones you have mentioned but I doubt you will be disappointed.

My workplace....

I work for another irish distillery as their cooper , though I can't use that title, not having been apprenticed. Irish whiskeys are triple distilled rather than double distilled, gives a cleaner smoother taste and finish. Very few are peated though at the moment. I'm due to start experimenting with a peat smoked cask, rather than the grain being smoked to see what flavours we'll get.

We, along with many other smaller distilleries here are not selling into UK currently as the export costs put too high a price on each bottle!

Redbreast is a fine drop though.1618477184593.thumb.jpeg.e2ba4c4d9368bb88fc01e6ef7f94b09f.jpeg

• Like 7

What are peoples preferences and if possible explain what it is you like about them .  I am no  "cnosser [emoji16]" but am quite partial to Aberlour  18 year old . Its from Speyside  so the water is peaty amongst lots of other flavors  . I can get it for £104 for a 50cl bottle ( Amazon and much cheaper than other places ) . I have heard Highland Park has good revues and is a similar price . It looks a paler whisky than the Aberlour .    

IMG_1618482148.826992.jpg

About £20 direct from my nearest distillery. Not peaty and my preference to their more matured stuff[emoji1303]
  • Thanks 1

My workplace....I work for another irish distillery as their cooper , though I can't use that title, not having been apprenticed. Irish whiskeys are triple distilled rather than double distilled, gives a cleaner smoother taste and finish. Very few are peated though at the moment. I'm due to start experimenting with a peat smoked cask, rather than the grain being smoked to see what flavours we'll get.
We, along with many other smaller distilleries here are not selling into UK currently as the export costs put too high a price on each bottle!
Redbreast is a fine drop though.1618477184593.thumb.jpeg.e2ba4c4d9368bb88fc01e6ef7f94b09f.jpeg

There's about 400 casks in this pic. Another 120 to the right,1000 more to the left, out of picture, and a further 1200 in another warehouse. One of the great hardships of the job is that I have to taste sample regularly. Unlike the wine industry we swallow to feel the heat all the way. None of this spitting out nonsense [emoji12]
  • Like 4

There's about 400 casks in this pic. Another 120 to the right,1000 more to the left, out of picture, and a further 1200 in another warehouse. One of the great hardships of the job is that I have to taste sample regularly. Unlike the wine industry we swallow to feel the heat all the way. None of this spitting out nonsense [emoji12]

Jammy sod!!!
  • Like 3

Jammy sod!!!
Oh believe me it's a sore trial, but I consider it an honour to be doing such a service to the whiskey ( and gin....and vodka) drinking community, ensuring it tastes good.
Have to do all sampling in the mornings to clear the blood before driving home.
  • Like 2