news from down under

daveatdave

14 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Granted, if you take the silver shilling you dance to the paymasters tune.  The only option you have if you don't like it is to walk away.  

Harry and Meghan decided to walk away which they have every right to do but they still expected the silver shilling and all the other benefits that came with it and when that understandably didn't happen the toys came out the pram so thought they'd air their dirty washing in public.

Would have thought Harry with an army background would know not to burn bridges behind him.

• Like 3

I think this goes some way to explaining the background today; the Royal/media relationship has changed.

'Don't complain, don't explain' doesn't work any more.

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Prince Harry spoke of an "invisible contract" between his family and media - what does it involve?

Obviously I'm a total muppet for even going near the Beeb but I enjoyed the article 🙄

I'm not defending the couple - keeping their mouths shut would have made for a more pleasant life - but it makes sense to see what they've done in a wider context

Skimming through that article .... just as a general observation some Royals don't get that much press coverage and some do, personally I think it's lagely down to the individuals and how they manipulate the media.Harry talks of a press frenzy but William / Kate and Princess Anne don't seem to attract the same yet Diana did.

I believe Meghan thought she could use the press for her own self benefit so stuck her head above the parapit and the media realised this, didn't neccessarily like what they saw so they took a shot ... just my 2p's worth anyway.

• Like 3

2 key points from ‘the interview’ which seem to have caused such a brew-ha-ha:

(1) the royal family (institution) is “racist” because little miss entitled didn’t get titles for her sprog. 

WWW.LIBERTYNATION.COM

Or has the duchess fundamentally misunderstood the roles, rights, and responsibilities of royalty?

That’s that one properly consigned to the shitcan. 

(2) little miss entitled didn’t get any ‘help’ for her ‘mental health’ issues. 

So, rather than drawing upon her own (apparent) worldly wisdom and wealth, or the support of a loving husband (and all his worldly experience and wealth), rather than seeking advice and/or support from amongst the very best medical experts money and influence could buy, rather than calling upon the unimaginable depth and breadth of influential contacts.....  Between them, they did NOTHING apart from let it fester for years before turning to Opra ‘kin whatever her name is....

How ANYBODY could give any credence to this sorry saga is genuinely tragic. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

2 key points from ‘the interview’ which seem to have caused such a brew-ha-ha:

(1) the royal family (institution) is “racist” because little miss entitled didn’t get titles for her sprog. 

WWW.LIBERTYNATION.COM

Or has the duchess fundamentally misunderstood the roles, rights, and responsibilities of royalty?

That’s that one properly consigned to the shitcan. 

(2) little miss entitled didn’t get any ‘help’ for her ‘mental health’ issues. 

So, rather than drawing upon her own (apparent) worldly wisdom and wealth, or the support of a loving husband (and all his worldly experience and wealth), rather than seeking advice and/or support from amongst the very best medical experts money and influence could buy, rather than calling upon the unimaginable depth and breadth of influential contacts.....  Between them, they did NOTHING apart from let it fester for years before turning to Opra ‘kin whatever her name is....

How ANYBODY could give any credence to this sorry saga is genuinely tragic. 

😄 👍 ... so agree with all of this and wanted to post exactly the same but it would have made my post too long and a bit of a rant ... she / he had millions behind them and could easily have sought their own help if needed.

I think it was Harry who was then saying how mind problems / therapy were so totally unacceptable and the unmentioable subject you couldn't bring up within the royals and then 5 minutes later he says "when I was having therapy" ..... errr ???? 

The one other thing I'd say, she's playing the "person of colour" card. I've got to be honest, if I didn't know who she was and walked past her in the street, she's whiter than me in a half decent summer and you really wouldn't have a f&&**g clue what her parentage was.

You may possibly look at her and think she had mildly olive / mediterranean skin which most would find appealing as opposed to us pasty faced Brits so I'm sorry the "Coloured Card" is absolute F.....g BS in my opinion ... the woke crowd creating a problem that isn't there.

Edited by Witterings
  • Like 10

On 12/03/2021 at 08:14, Witterings said:

Skimming through that article .... just as a general observation some Royals don't get that much press coverage and some do, personally I think it's lagely down to the individuals and how they manipulate the media.Harry talks of a press frenzy but William / Kate and Princess Anne don't seem to attract the same yet Diana did.

I believe Meghan thought she could use the press for her own self benefit so stuck her head above the parapit and the media realised this, didn't neccessarily like what they saw so they took a shot ... just my 2p's worth anyway.

WWW.THEDAILYMASH.CO.UK

MY nephew and his partner have got into a spot of bother with the media recently. But don’t worry, kids - here’s how Uncle...

• Haha 1