Anyone else just fed up of customers at the moment

Clutchy

22 minutes ago, Johnnyboxer said:

Educated guess

70% of new cars are on PCP

It’s how the motor dealer makes more of a wedge from finance than the metal emoji6.png

You are right there. It's got to the point at which it's a pain to try to buy anything with good old fashioned money because the main dealers don't want to sell anything that's not on finance. 

• Like 1

You are right there. It's got to the point at which it's a pain to try to buy anything with good old fashioned money because the main dealers don't want to sell anything that's not on finance. 

When I brought my L200 5 years ago I got a better deal by accepting the finance and cancelling it after nine months (shortest term) than if I paid cash for it. They all but declined to sell me the truck if I wanted to pay in cash, got the impression they would have rather passed up the sale and sell it to somebody who did want finance🤷‍♂️

Just now, JaySmith said:

When I brought my L200 5 years ago I got a better deal by accepting the finance and cancelling it after nine months (shortest term) than if I paid cash for it. They all but declined to sell me the truck if I wanted to pay in cash, got the impression they would have rather passed up the sale and sell it to somebody who did want finance🤷‍♂️

Do you mean cash cash or not getting finance?

Do you mean cash cash or not getting finance?

Yeah I wanted to buy the truck outright with no finance attached to it but was given a better deal if i took the finance and then paid it up/cancelled it off after 9months. Normally I’d of walked away but they were the only dealer with the older version single cab in stock that I wanted so I was caught between a rock and hard place

2 minutes ago, JaySmith said:

Yeah I wanted to buy the truck outright with no finance attached to it but was given a better deal if i took the finance and then paid it up/cancelled it off after 9months. Normally I’d of walked away but they were the only dealer with the older version single cab in stock that I wanted so I was caught between a rock and hard place

Not really you just played the game, business can be complex, I have a loan that I could pay off, but I will have to pay the interest if I pay it off now or follow the payment plan, so for the moment I’ll continue the payments.

No one said it was easy!

1 hour ago, JaySmith said:

They cannot refuse to sell you a truck unless taking out finance that is just a silly statement. The deal was better i have no doubt but no one can refuse a cash sale