Pick ups any preferences?

GLynch

5 hours ago, GLynch said:

Would this model or year have the dpf issues?

Also would need to check if the timing belt has been done 

No DPF issues . There is a matrix thing in the exhaust but I think its a CAT .  With mine I blanked off the EGR valve . Change the oil and filter every 4K ( it says 6K ) . grease the lock stops now and then ( stops that creaking noise on full lock going over a bump )  Known faults were a bad batch of con rod bolts on early engines . No 3 cylinder usually , the bolt would fail and put the rod through the side .  Mine was an 05 and never had this happen . Nissan replaced engines that did do this but it was very early ones . That one in the advert probably would not be affected .  I thought it was a good truck . About 135HP I seem to remember so under stressed .

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1

Brilliant info thank you 

I'm very tempted 

At the min I have a transit custom 2016 50,000 miles but it's not practical for family life as my partner was hoping to of passed her test by now but covid put a stop to that 

My dilemma is truck and cheap van possibly smaller or truck and trailer but then I'm not sure what trailer I can legally have with 2004 license 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GLynch said:

I was slightly worried about this but I live birmingham/Bromsgrove way and not heard of this coming into play anytime soon 

I was kinda thinking if I could get a solid truck for not too much money I could just run it until it packs up on me 

WWW.BIRMINGHAM.GOV.UK

Information about Birmingham's proposals to introduce a clean air zone (CAZ) and the consultation details

Was supposed to be this year, looks to have been pushed to next due to covid. 

5 hours ago, GLynch said:

Brilliant info thank you 

I'm very tempted 

At the min I have a transit custom 2016 50,000 miles but it's not practical for family life as my partner was hoping to of passed her test by now but covid put a stop to that 

My dilemma is truck and cheap van possibly smaller or truck and trailer but then I'm not sure what trailer I can legally have with 2004 license 

I'd go truck n cheap van for now a back up vehicle is always handy, trailer and tow bars later. Tow bar first, you can always hire/borrow a trailer when needed.

On 15/02/2021 at 14:27, GLynch said:

I'm looking at maybe getting a pickup more for general day to day use to start off with 

Would need to be a double cab for two kids 

Like I said it would be used as a daily vehicle but long term would probably also be used for work purposes tree an general garden maintenance

Money wise probably looking to spend around £6,000 - £8,000 maximum 

Preferences so far are toyota hilux, ford ranger, mitsubishi l200 not really took much interest in anything else 

What would everyone out there suggest from own experience 

Cheers 

For the past 20 years I have had Rangers my first one was a 2000 single cab for work and I had it for 10 years and never had any problems with it,at the same time I had a black double cab2002 for best and had that for 7 years and again no problems.

A0A7A066-02F1-4CF5-834F-B01F055973AE.thumb.jpeg.0b41061719500b9f8005fcfb31c38bf2.jpeg

3CB08F18-C3D9-4420-B512-E78DCD65F8E0.thumb.jpeg.349a29cd7daa29852403b70facfc4aef.jpeg

I traded both in + cash for a 2007 Ranger Wildtrak Arb Tipper and later got a 2006 Ranger Wildtrak for best.i  still have my Wildtrak Tipper and is on 2223k and goes and pulls fab.

D7D5C9D1-5E9C-40E8-839C-DFCC40AC8BA8.thumb.jpeg.9c59eae46f01b5c3c3904b5ef168085d.jpeg

696B6166-09DA-4450-8EE3-0F249C206816.thumb.jpeg.52c4b7caae540ddee74a698a1836cc35.jpeg

I sold my 2006 Wildtrak 3.0 last year and brought a 2015 3.2 Wildtrak. 

F49A542C-7F4E-4223-84A5-C44C48F624B5.thumb.jpeg.db0a656175c5618bf26dc2c9810159bc.jpeg

so if there’s is any doubt about what truck you should be looking at go for a Ranger Wildtrak 3.0...there are some really nice older models ones out there at the moment get a 2008/9/10 if you can and you won’t be disappointed.

Edited by 5 shires
Photos didn’t download for some reason.
  • Like 3