Inverter for use with Stihl AL 500 Charger

Billhook

I have the Stihl 220 cordless and the AL500 mains charger.  Need it to be charged from a 12 volt inverter when in the woods

The AL 500 and batteries are very expensive and the charger sounds very sophisticated when running so there seems to be a choice between sine wave and square wave inverters.  I assume that sine wave is what is needed if there are delicate components and I was looking at a Krieger 1100 watt on Amazon for £90

i see the power consumption is 570 watts on the AL500

Has anyone had any issues doing this?

What battery are you gonna run the invertor off?

Leave vechicle running?

Makita do a car one:

WWW.FFX.CO.UK

Tools, power tools, hand tools, electrical, plumbing supplies, ffx tools, FFX, Makita DC18SE_ 7.2v-18v Li-Ion In Car Battery...

Edited by Stere

2 minutes ago, Stere said:

What battery are you gonna run the invertor off?

Leave vechicle running?

Makita doa car one:

WWW.FFX.CO.UK

Tools, power tools, hand tools, electrical, plumbing supplies, ffx tools, FFX, Makita DC18SE_ 7.2v-18v Li-Ion In Car Battery...

That style of 12v plug is limited to 10amp / 120 watts & they get hot at that.

Edited by Justme

I was going to connect it to the Matbro heavy duty battery and if it turns out that it flattens it in a short time I will leave it running, obviously having a spare battery nearby while testing.

It is a long way to the nearest mains when down in the woods, and unnecessary to make extra ruts and lose a lot of time going back and forth.

If it all works out ok I will use the heavy duty leads bolted to the spare battery which can be taken to different machines so even the little Mule may be able to keep it going

it may work out cheaper just to run a Little Kawasaki 800watt generator which I have now I  think about it, in fact I will try that first and if it is not man enough, will look at an inverter.

• Like 1