Electric Chainsaws and Rain

Billhook

Out of interest I just removed the battery on the msa200 and stuck it under the kitchen tap....most of the water drains out leaving just a small amount in the handle moulding.

With the battery connection pins being at the bottom of the battery compartment and the fact that chip can build up in there I can see the potential of a short due to wet swarf getting caught up in the connection if you don't keep the area clean.

I've got another battery saw [ Greenworks 48v ]  It's battery slides in from the back with the pins at the top which are protected from water / contamination by the casing a better design but much less of a saw, cheers.

• Thanks 1

Being able to run in rain should be catered for, though I doubt any have this ability yet. I was thinking of selling my small saws and going battery, and the idea of not being able to run in the wet in an emergency put an end to the idea.

Edited by Echo