TPO work permission granted but with a "note"

Andrew L

It’s a shame we rarely seem to get the follow up info after a thread like this.  It gets all excited, then it goes wildly off track, then there might be some jokes and randomness, maybe some handbags but rarely a follow up to say what the final outcome was. 

It’s almost like a Boris Johnson press briefing - entirely futile. 

Remember this one:

I put a lot of time and effort into the caravan + pony solution, I felt quite ‘invested’ in that as a viable solution....

Never heard any more about it. Seems a shame really 😫

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, jose said:

i hear you.

As said i had to walk away as wasnt worth the fight and aggro!

i will drive by one of these days and see if he got anywhere. Perhaps the council will come out and do it themselves??? It is their tree after all.

Who knows

Feel you, bloody shame when it all just gets too difficult. 🤯

Right: "follow-up" it is then.

My problem here and now is that whether the Assistant Tree Officer is actually right or wrong is purely an academic question. I have neither the time nor is it my interest as a very small company to actively get on the wrong side of my local tree officers on what is not, IMO, "the hill to die on".  I can assure you in my various NHS roles I have most definitely put my neck on the line because I was doing so in my patient's best interests.  Right now I have another TPO issue with the same council which my client is very anxious to get permission granted.  It is not all that unlikely that the ATO will pick up on this thread either because he reads it or one of his mates does and points it out to him.

Therefore I can and will do nothing further about the "ivy" TPO issue until such time as it actually becomes a real issue with a real tree and a real client.

I hope this makes sense.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Khriss said:

I dunno , youth of today , always on their phones and havent got a clue , K

Whilst it may well be true that I am on my phone a fair bit, given that I will be 54 years of age if I am still alive in April 2021, I can say it is been quite a while since anyone referred to me as a youth: so thanks, even if I am apparently "clueless". 

15 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

It’s a shame we rarely seem to get the follow up info after a thread like this.  It gets all excited, then it goes wildly off track, then there might be some jokes and randomness, maybe some handbags but rarely a follow up to say what the final outcome was. 

It’s almost like a Boris Johnson press briefing - entirely futile. 

Remember this one:

I put a lot of time and effort into the caravan + pony solution, I felt quite ‘invested’ in that as a viable solution....

Never heard any more about it. Seems a shame really 😫

You keep harping on about the caravan solution being yours - I think if you look closely at that thread you will find that I suggested it first...