TimberCutterDartmoor

The Wee Chipper Club

Hello TJ. We used to purchase the Eaton drive for our stump grinders and I would have liked to have mounted these on our chippers as well, but a few years ago we could no longer purchase them in the Netherlands. The salesman told us that Eaton had stopped producing it. For this drive we paid around 1450 pounds. We would need some other components, and then the application and construction. Sales price around 2000. That is quite a lot of money for a machine of under 4000 pounds!   Surely the Easy Rider system will not bring you up the mountain, but it will help one single man to push his machine through rough terrain and over gentle slopes. I recently made a video in which a chipper is easily being driven into a bus, will try to post this soon.

What you describe as a 'narrow super wood chipper' sounds like music to my ears and I would certainly have liked to have such a machine during my tree care years. I am interested in improvement and in fact, I have previously discussed a larger capacity with my engineer. His explanation was that first of all the rotor would have to be more than 60 cm in diameter. Our current small rotor weighs 37 kg and generates enormous centrifugal forces. A 60 cm rotor would make these forces increase exponentially. We would have to build a completely different machine that would be so heavy and strong that we than can no longer speak of a 'wee-chipper'. Our approach and phylosophy tend more to go towards:
1. small investments for small machinery, less financial worries, less pressure 🙂 and more personal freedom.
2. in and out the van and ready to go in a minute.
3. knowledge and skills are the tools for tree care work, the machines are an addition to this and must be ergonomic to prevent physical wear and tear.

Of course, compared to large shredders, using a small chipper does result in a lot of firewood being sawn away before chipping, but a lot of us use wood for heating and do not mind this. The benefits of small chippers are known: Not having to cut up branches and drag them out to the street to shred them in a large machine. But I do not pretend that this is the right concept for all arborist companies, and I think that for the above reasons we at Haecksler should leave this category of capacity to the builders of large chippers. Each his specialty....

Did see the Hayter Condor mower and it seems well-powered. Do you think they mounted Eaton on their products as well and stopped production for the same reason? We have only been able to find Chinese material as a replacement and have decided not to venture into it. If you have knowledge of another manufacturer of hydrostatic drives this would be quite welcome (in a pm?)

Thanks for your input, have a nice weekend. 

Edited by Josh u a Tree
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Josh u a Tree said:

and I think that for the above reasons we at Haecksler should leave this category of capacity to the builders of large chippers. Each his specialty...

thanks for reply - I appreciate all the engineering and parts sourcing is a big investment to produce your machines, so deciding what to build and what to leave can be the difference between profit or loss

https://www.hydro-gear.com/residential/

probably expensive, I can appreciate your 2000 figure now I've looked into it a bit more, some of the pumps are almost a thousand on their own. Needs a copy one made by some poor soul living in a dormitory

Good day to you.

I would like to propose the Peruzzo TB100 which comes in 3 main variants.

1) 14 HP Briggs and Stratton 3.5" portable chipper. £4074.00 Inc vat retail price

2) 18 HP Vanguard 4/4.5" portable chipper
Electric Start £

Could you send me a price for a chipper with 3 1/2" chip capacity 13hp? See what the differences are in prices not too fussed about brand Jo Beau / Haecksler / skarper or even greenmech just want a good chipper at the best price  

Good day to you.

I would like to propose the Peruzzo TB100 which comes in 3 main variants.

1) 14 HP Briggs and Stratton 3.5" portable chipper. £4074.00 Inc vat retail price

2) 18 HP Briggs and Stratton Vanguard 4/4.5" portable chipper
Electric Start £5994.00 Inc Vat retail Price.

3) 18HP Briggs and Stratton 4/4.5" self propelled/tracked narrow access chipper
Electric Start £7674.00 Incl vat retail price.

We have a Demo unit for the track version which we can let you try out. Most people who try this version order one. This is the best way to sell the benefits of this unit. I could go on for hours about the tangible benefits but I would rather let the machine do the talking. Currently offering a discount to people who take a demo as well C. 10%

Send me your contact details anfld I will get in touch.

Please see link below for a video.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 02/02/2019 at 02:36, tree-fancier123 said:

thanks for reply - I appreciate all the engineering and parts sourcing is a big investment to produce your machines, so deciding what to build and what to leave can be the difference between profit or loss

https://www.hydro-gear.com/residential/

probably expensive, I can appreciate your 2000 figure now I've looked into it a bit more, some of the pumps are almost a thousand on their own. Needs a copy one made by some poor soul living in a dormitory

True, it's hard calculating prices, especially since a new project spreads out over quite a long period. I sometimes curse the day I stopped tree working 🙄  Except of course when I am in my office and I see the rain pouring down...

Have send that hydro-gear one to my technician. Thanks!

7 hours ago, equip4ind said:

2) 18 HP Briggs and Stratton Vanguard 4/4.5" portable chipper
Electric Start £5994.00 Inc Vat retail Price.

So the machine based on the CS100 is more expensive than the CS100? With no UK dealer network to be supported by 🤔

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Blimey!!! Them CS100 copies from our old dealer in Italy have gotten expensive! Why the price hike?

• Like 3

Must be a typo?! An 18hp can’t be nigh on 2k more expensive? You could buy a 14hp one then buy a new crate 18hp Vanguard on eBay and still have change 🤔

Edited by GA Groundcare

Hi All,

so, I am in the market for a 'Wee Chipper'. (i'm sure the question has been asked before but as there is 183 pages on this thread and i am on daddy day care to a very sick 5 year old i don't have the time to read the whole thing)

so far i have narrowed it down to the Puruzzo TB100-C Tracked chipper, the Greenmech CS100 and the Jo Beau M400. 

The Puruzzo is tracked so is leading at the moment as most tree work i do are either in huge estate gardens, so quite a trek to push/pull or are a bit steep and i have struggled to get the 200kg machines up the hill and out of the garden (i managed to get that Timberwolf gravity fed machine stuck in a garden and had to pull it out with a 4:1 pulley).

I would appreciate other peoples opinions and options as i cant make my mind up.

Cheers

If you want tracked, buy a tracked barrow and a cs100.

Benefits of both machines and less restrictions.

Once you build up your leg muscles, you won’t bother with the tracks.

On wheels is very manouverable and you don’t rip up the ground like tracks.