The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

There different dealers depending where you are based. Speak to PeteB on here regarding the Greenmech and he can help you out.

The cs100 takes 4" and can be fired in three directions. Has a very good chip throw. Loves straight conifer branches. Gobbles them right up.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Cannot remember the fuel consumption figures - rule of thumb would be 1.5ltrs per hour? Is that about right chaps?

Reliability? Generally yes! We had a few drum failures but changed them foc, and then changed the welding process. Other than that - nowt to confess to! Keep your blades very sharp and your brash very clean, and that goes for any chipper!

Cannot remember the fuel consumption figures - rule of thumb would be 1.5ltrs per hour? Is that about right chaps?

Reliability? Generally yes! We had a few drum failures but changed them foc, and then changed the welding process. Other than that - nowt to confess to! Keep your blades very sharp and your brash very clean, and that goes for any chipper!

I hired a cs100 the other week and I had to push every little thing through it, on the demo video on greenmechs website it shows the fella just letting go of the stuff and it goes through with ease! Is this a characteristic of blunt blades?

Sent via postman pat.

I hired a cs100 the other week and I had to push every little thing through it, on the demo video on greenmechs website it shows the fella just letting go of the stuff and it goes through with ease! Is this a characteristic of blunt blades?

Sent via postman pat.

yes... its a sure sign the blades need changing. On the CS100 they are double edged so just turn them round... its a quick drop... easy to do.

yes... its a sure sign the blades need changing. On the CS100 they are double edged so just turn them round... its a quick drop... easy to do.

Half hour job if you clean everything as you go. Sometimes those bolts can seize in. Over torquing them makes the job a PITA next time so make sure its right.

Had to take mine to Aberdeen to process a Christmas tree we sent up there. Lifted it up onto the van (13' flatbed) and chipped onto it too. No need for a trailer. Battery has died since I last used it so had to to the pull start. A very handy addition! Especially when your 350 miles from base at 6.30am on a Saturday!

My blades are on the verge of needing sharpening. Pull stuff in on their own but some needs encouraging.

Fuel wise costs less than a tenner to fill up and I could fill my pickup twice with that tank. Very fuel efficient.

Mines paid for in march. Had it 3 years. Will be keeping hold as it fits in any corner and isn't in the way! Comes in handy now and again for tight jobs.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• 4 months later...

I'm looking to join the club, I'm having a CS100 demo'd a week on monday, should have a good range of bits coming down on the site the tail end of next week (broadleaf, conifer, and there's some Oak and Yew I put down on the site a month or so back).

I'm pretty excited, but having read through this and Shreks thread, I do find myself in two minds with the Greenmech vs the Jo Beau. Of all the things to sway me (and I'll continue to lie to myself that it's because I have a really good local Greenmech dealer), is it wrong that it's because I've already thought of a really cool name for a CS 100 being the key factor in choice!

Tim, Soon to be apply for membership, I hope!