The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

I had a brand new TW18/100ES, I got on the friday and called the dealer on the monday to tell them it was no good, they took it back and I ordered the next machine up, the 125, which I should very soon.

As Tim says above, the infeed is the problem. For what it is it goes like hell on timber but very leafy stuff, like ash in full leaf just jams up a couple of inchs from the blades. The frist time it happens you think o well the next stick will pull it through, this is not the case, it takes the wood and the leafs stay in the hopper, after about 5 or 6 goes you have a brick of lealy junk to sort out. I tryed to poak it though with a stick but all that happens is that you make a hole in the "brick" and stick gets shorter. Then you have to stop the machine and clear it by hand. 5-6 sticks later-repeat.

After testing the machine all weekend, I found that pine/coinne branishs go through no problem? but ash in full leaf? After a week of having some of the ash on the deck the leafs had dryed up and the chipper ripped them up no probs. Must be a fussy eater!!

From what I can see the machine has plenty of power to do the job but is let down by the hopper/infeed design. This is a great shame as it would be a simple fix for timber wolf to make a wider letter box stile infeed. At the time I was looking into getting the machine I talked to Green Mech and there sales lady told me about this problem with the 18/100, at the time I just put down to a wee bit of B.S. so I would by the Green Mech unit. So if Green Mech know about the fault, Timber wolf must know to?? I think they must be losing sales because of this to other makers.

I have ordered the TW125 as the dealer was very good about the whole thing and took it back no problem with a 100% refund, so I could not ask for more. Only problem s far with the 125 is it all most twice the price of the smaller one.

After reading up on here about the 125, alot of guys rate it so I hope they are right.

Hope this helps you out Betula. Rob

Could you not pour the chip into some tonne bags? (or just onto the bed if you've got a tipper) Instead of having 10 wheelie bins that take just as much space up when empty as when full.

The thing to do is take the wheels of the bin, then replace the axle with one that'll take two wheelbarrow wheels and fix them on with an R-clip.

It means the bins are much easier to move, and the bins stack nicely when the wheels are off.