The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

7 hours on Lewis's clock now, and my groundie cannae stop smilling. I'm loving the wee little machine, uses next to no fuel, and churns out stupid amounts of chip.

The idea of chipping into a wheelie bin and using that to move the chip out of the garden is genius. Thankyou whoever suggested that (I think it may have been Stephen Blair!).

It was Mr Blair his self! He also ran about in a Luton bodied van with a tail lift, the van carried the necessary tools and a load of bins to facilitate most jobs. Where he acquired the bins is open to conjecture......

Go on Steve, post a picture!

The council here are currently replacing lots of bins, so far I've scrounged 4, though I can fit 6 on the trailer, and 4 in the van (with my tool shelf mower etc) or 2 and the chipper. I did find a place selling them for about £40 each.

The other option is to call the council and say the bin lorry ate my dustbin. This is of course a dishonest and despicable practice that would only get you one bin.

The beauty of the bins comes when unloading. They're great, and can be sold for £5 for 240ltrs of bark!

The council here are currently replacing lots of bins, so far I've scrounged 4, though I can fit 6 on the trailer, and 4 in the van (with my tool shelf mower etc) or 2 and the chipper. I did find a place selling them for about £40 each.

The other option is to call the council and say the bin lorry ate my dustbin. This is of course a dishonest and despicable practice that would only get you one bin.

The beauty of the bins comes when unloading. They're great, and can be sold for £5 for 240ltrs of bark!

Could you not pour the chip into some tonne bags? (or just onto the bed if you've got a tipper) Instead of having 10 wheelie bins that take just as much space up when empty as when full.

Could you not pour the chip into some tonne bags? (or just onto the bed if you've got a tipper) Instead of having 10 wheelie bins that take just as much space up when empty as when full.

I could use dumpy bags, and do when out of bins, but the bins are neat, easy to move (especially with the lids screwed down) and empty. Unfortunately, I have a van not a tipper, but the beauty of the wee chipper is that you take it to the tree, not the tree to the chipper, and you can always get a bin/bag in with it, not a;ways the case with a tipper!