The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick question for the cs100 owners. I've hired one out quite a few times for the kind of jobs its suited to and now have an upcoming job where the wee chipper is going to have to be broken down into a few pieces to get through doorways up steps etc to get into a back garden.

Is it relatively easy to take these machines apart with only fairly basic mechanical skills?

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year to all

Just a quick question for the cs100 owners. I've hired one out quite a few times for the kind of jobs its suited to and now have an upcoming job where the wee chipper is going to have to be broken down into a few pieces to get through doorways up steps etc to get into a back garden.

Is it relatively easy to take these machines apart with only fairly basic mechanical skills?

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year to all

Done it twice now for jobs. It can be broken down into 5 major parts easily. All you need is two 17mm spanners. That's it.

Spout

Cassette

Hopper

Engine unit

Misc parts and bolts.

The use of a battery powered impact wrench speeds the process up massively.

Go about it methodically and its easy. Hardest part to move is the engine unit. Simple for 3 guys but is heavy for two. It's an awkward shape and too heavy.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1388598715.752656.jpg.44ed789571fdf34036bffaa9f15e322d.jpg

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Don't forget to allow extra time for dismantling and building the chipper at either side of the narrow bit, with Robs chipper I think it was over an hour dismantling and carrying every heavy bit up a few flights of narrow winding stairs then building it back up, that was about two hours extra on the job and although exhausting was worth it to be able to leave chip onsite.

Don't forget to allow extra time for dismantling and building the chipper at either side of the narrow bit, with Robs chipper I think it was over an hour dismantling and carrying every heavy bit up a few flights of narrow winding stairs then building it back up, that was about two hours extra on the job and although exhausting was worth it to be able to leave chip onsite.

Definitely on that site. That access was very awkward and it would have been more than two extra hours of dragging.

The second time around with knowing how it came apart I had it in pieces in 20 minutes and built back up again approx the same.

I'm looking to buy a little shredder which one is the best to buy I know nothing about them ?

Sent from my iPod touch using Arbtalk mobile app

What do you want it to do? Is the height of the chute where chip comes out an issue?

Look at the Greenmech cs100. Seems to tick a lot of boxes. Next direct competitors are the Jo beau chippers. Still good machines but it's all preference.