Jump to content
Big Beech

Logosol f2+

Recommended Posts

Really thinking this route instead of a new bandsaw mill as have the 3 phase power and M7 5.4m already. Noise is the big factor with me as houses close by.


Surely Billy Big Balls who was all talk about buying a £20-£35k Bandsaw Mill is not now in the market for a sub-£5k “Hobby” Chain Mill is he? 🤣

Maybe with the money saved you can invest in a real chainsaw and get rid of that Toytown Titan of yours? 🤦🏼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just ordered and paid for the F2+ with ES8 63cm bar (the 70cm cannon bar not available until March). The ES8 will be available late January early Feb. I’ll been posting on my Instagram (trees_to_timber_uk)when it’s set up. They will be rising prices next year like all companies seem to be and there will be +2% increase guaranteed due brexit. (There is a note on the website now)

Currently you get x5 stihl rip chains and a stihl bar included free. I think it’s 23”.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Stuarts said:

I have just ordered and paid for the F2+ with ES8 63cm bar (the 70cm cannon bar not available until March). The ES8 will be available late January early Feb. I’ll been posting on my Instagram (trees_to_timber_uk)when it’s set up. They will be rising prices next year like all companies seem to be and there will be +2% increase guaranteed due brexit. (There is a note on the website now)

Currently you get x5 stihl rip chains and a stihl bar included free. I think it’s 23”.

 

First one stuart and what made you go for this setup with the ES8 electric saw ? Have you used the F2 mills before mate.

Edited by topchippyles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted an accurate, faster mill for smaller processing. Also a portable mill. The ES8 will save on fuel and the water cooling will be available for the ES8 soon too. Also the ES8 just looked cool 🤣

I have a 661 for use with it also.

I haven’t had an F2. I have done a good bit of research and spoken to people about it though. We’ll see how it goes.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Stuarts said:

I wanted an accurate, faster mill for smaller processing. Also a portable mill. The ES8 will save on fuel and the water cooling will be available for the ES8 soon too. Also the ES8 just looked cool 🤣

I have a 661 for use with it also.

I haven’t had an F2. I have done a good bit of research and spoken to people about it though. We’ll see how it goes.

 

If set up correctly the ES8 motor will easily handle a 36" bar or even a 50" with the extra power over the ES5. The ES5 is rated at 4.6 Kw and spec will run a 700mm bar, The ES8 is rated at 8 Kw and that is a monster sized motor and can easily handle bigger bars. The F2 is rated at 600mm wide logs but roughy goes much wider on his setup and easily done if you have the space to build a platform/loading bay. Most who use bandsaw mills really are limited on the board/slab width so have to revert to the chainsaw method on larger logs.

 

Technical data

Log diameter: Up to 60 cm, with the possibility of sawing even larger logs
Log length: 3.8 m as standard, but the sawmill can be extended to any length
Weight: 52 kg without saw unit
Length: 4 m
Width: 0.7 m
Accessories: The sawmill can be extended when required.
Motor options: The Stihl chainsaws MS391/ MS661 or Logosol's high-efficiency electric saws. Log moulder.

Edited by topchippyles
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ES8 is quoted as having a maximum bar available as 70cm that is largest you can purchase on the logosol sight with the ES8. Although I was told it isn’t available until March (70cm bar)
It does say capacity to cut larger logs. But the bar nose steering is for up to 70cm bars I believe so if you fitted a longer bar I’m not sure how you would stabilise it. I guess I’ll find out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have lots of the technical data on the motor I have tried to work out a rough cost p/hour.

But I’m no electrician so haven’t got very far. IMG_7475.jpgIMG_7474.jpgIMG_7473.jpgIMG_7472.jpg

 

If anyone can have a rough estimate of power consumption from these figures I’d be grateful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Stuarts said:

The ES8 is quoted as having a maximum bar available as 70cm that is largest you can purchase on the logosol sight with the ES8. Although I was told it isn’t available until March (70cm bar)
It does say capacity to cut larger logs. But the bar nose steering is for up to 70cm bars I believe so if you fitted a longer bar I’m not sure how you would stabilise it. I guess I’ll find out.

Both myself and roughy have used much wider bars on our existing setups.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Stuarts said:

I have lots of the technical data on the motor I have tried to work out a rough cost p/hour.

But I’m no electrician so haven’t got very far. IMG_7475.jpgIMG_7474.jpgIMG_7473.jpgIMG_7472.jpg

 

If anyone can have a rough estimate of power consumption from these figures I’d be grateful!emoji16.png

Cheap as chips to run is that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  •  

  • Featured Adverts

  • Tip site reviews

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.