Logosol f2+

Big Beech

50 minutes ago, Stuarts said:

I’m still getting to grips with this site. I saw the latest on the milling forum. Didn’t see anything with the F2. I’ll get used to the site though.

Here you go stuart and go from page 34 inwards 

Today's milling

Edited by topchippyles
  • Like 3

Oh okay that’s where it is. Thank you. Some cracking info there I’m getting through the posts and videos from Rough Hewn, really useful stuff. I was trying to work out the log frame, I thought it was to take the initial weight, but as I kept reading I saw it’s to take the initial load shock. Good to know [emoji1303]
I’ll keep reading and watching through. Better to learn from other people’s experience than make mistakes myself. Cheers guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Stuarts said:

Oh okay that’s where it is. Thank you. Some cracking info there I’m getting through the posts and videos from Rough Hewn, really useful stuff. I was trying to work out the log frame, I thought it was to take the initial weight, but as I kept reading I saw it’s to take the initial load shock. Good to know emoji1303.png
I’ll keep reading and watching through. Better to learn from other people’s experience than make mistakes myself. Cheers guys.

Took me an hour to find it but new it was in there 🤙And the fact you have just bought one

Edited by topchippyles
  • Like 2

Oh okay that’s where it is. Thank you. Some cracking info there I’m getting through the posts and videos from Rough Hewn, really useful stuff. I was trying to work out the log frame, I thought it was to take the initial weight, but as I kept reading I saw it’s to take the initial load shock. Good to know [emoji1303]

The logosol will only take about a ton.
With a substantial frame yiu can put bigger logs on.
Don’t try lifting them with the ratchets, you’ll only break the strings.
Cut the log wherever it sits, remove part.
When it’s small enough you can use the ratchets.
We had to use blocks and jacks to move one log. 🤣[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
  • Like 1

The logosol will only take about a ton.
With a substantial frame yiu can put bigger logs on.
Don’t try lifting them with the ratchets, you’ll only break the strings.
Cut the log wherever it sits, remove part.
When it’s small enough you can use the ratchets.
We had to use blocks and jacks to move one log. 🤣[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Ah ok good to know. I should be ok the excavator i have is a 3tonne and forestry grab it won’t lift much over a tonne reaching out over a frame. But getting a 5 tonne so then I will have to be carful. Not arrived yet. I’ll keep you updated, & probably be back with questions [emoji16][emoji1317]
  • Like 1

If you build a log table inside your Logosol frame, you can mill much bigger logs.
I’ve put a 36” bar on, but you have to hold the end up with a stick to start.
Bar sag is an issue.
So much easier to use an Alaskan style mill over about 20”.
Generally I use a 20” bar.
Cuts smaller oak yew larch etc.
But it’s great for square edged.
I’ll be cutting oak and yew mantles and beams soon, as well as boards for construction.
Waiting fir the larger Logosol bolts to arrive from Sweden for the 881 [emoji106]

I see that when running a chainsaw there is an orange pole that goes over the bar I assume to prevent sag and increase accuracy of the cut.

Does it limit the bar size you can use ? Presumably it does.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lux said:

I see that when running a chainsaw there is an orange pole that goes over the bar I assume to prevent sag and increase accuracy of the cut.

Does it limit the bar size you can use ? Presumably it does.

I believe so, however I see no reason why something couldn't be fabricated for what ever lenght you need. Just two different diameter poles with a split pin to move as needed 🤔

7 minutes ago, Big Beech said:

I believe so, however I see no reason why something couldn't be fabricated for what ever lenght you need. Just two different diameter poles with a split pin to move as needed 🤔

Spot on and can fabricate an extension bar easily. The electric saws available can be fitted with existing bars.

Edited by topchippyles