LED Light Bars

IronMike

I had a quick search and found an older thread from about 5 years ago so thought I’d start a new one. 

I need to upgrade the lighting on my Logbullet. It currently has two compact led lights on the cab, front and rear. I was thinking of getting a light bar for front and rear and then reusing the existing ones on the rear as additional lighting there. 

Been on conversations with a few folk, looking for recommendations from the wider collective now. It appears you can spend very little or very much (like everything!) so I’m aiming to be entirely middle of the road with expense. Maybe £150 for two perhaps?

currently got my eyes on the LAP light bars and some others too. 

Size wise about 22 inch would be ideal. 

Any pointers from those who are more illuminated on the subject? (Pun intended)

I've had cheap lights off ebay/amazon/aliexpress that have failed, and also some that have lasted a long time and done a hell of a lot of work, for little money.

The cheapest I've had was 2 LED worklights for about a fiver delivered, they are fitted as reverse lights, faultless so far.

Make sure you get flood beam, on a slow moving machine in amongst the trees a long distance beam would be a hinderance?

You might get better results with 6 or 8 lights all round the cab, and maybe on the boom too, than 2 lightbars. You can angle them in different directions to give a better spread of light with less shadows.

Also don't get anything too powerful, it might just dazzle you and kill your nightvision

Edited by scbk

1 hour ago, scbk said:

I've had cheap lights off ebay/amazon/aliexpress that have failed, and also some that have lasted a long time and done a hell of a lot of work, for little money.

The cheapest I've had was 2 LED worklights for about a fiver delivered, they are fitted as reverse lights, faultless so far.

Make sure you get flood beam, on a slow moving machine in amongst the trees a long distance beam would be a hinderance?

You might get better results with 6 or 8 lights all round the cab, and maybe on the boom too, than 2 lightbars. You can angle them in different directions to give a better spread of light with less shadows.

Also don't get anything too powerful, it might just dazzle you and kill your nightvision

I’ve got two on the boom at present. They are Bullboy brand I think, pretty good. I have the same on the cab currently, which I plan on putting on the back of the cage on the rear of the cab to give directional light out either side.