Rain gear

Brill

Had one for a couple of years now good coat but you can sweat in it as not gore tex but simular, good points are light weight and no low pockets to catch on things. 

You will need good waterproof leggings as well as you will got a wet ass when it runs down the back and drips off the hem. 

Edited by woody paul

40 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

Picked up an ex army gortex of ebay after a recommend on here. Proved perfectly waterproof. Hoods massive but the upside to that is it fits over ear defenders.  Pretty good work coat for the money. At £30 its no biggy if it has a mishap

I’ve used them for the last ten years in various different guises Beau . After 3-5 years they do start to lose their waterproofing but I’ve never bothered with any kind of re treatment etc and also think they resist getting torn very well. 

I've got on well with the Arbortec stuff. I know people say "It's not waterproof, bla bla bla" but this whole breathable thing is a bit of a joke. If you're wearing your waterproof jacket when it's dry then it will breathe, but lets face it, your not wearing your waterproofs when it's dry. Goretex etc only breathes when it's dryer outside than in, hence "moisture wicking" if it's raining and it's wet outside then the outside of the jacket is going to be wetter than the inside so the sweat won't evaporate through the jacket as water doesn't wick from a dry zone to a wet zone. You will know how much you sweat when you work, it's A LOT hence why you get wet inside. This is where water repellent coatings come in and having the water bead but after you've worn it in a tree 5 times or it's humid outside it won't bead so much so you need to recoat it or put it in the tumbledrier etc. 

I tested my new arbortec jacket after so many poeple saying "It's not waterproof" by putting a dimple in the material on the side where there's a sew line and seal and pouring water into the dimple. After about 3 hours it was still dry inside, that answered my question.

I often read reviews of people saying that the jackets aren't waterproof but they just haven't grasped the basics of physics. 

Edited by Paddy1000111
  • Like 4