Felling trees for personal use

Marcus 3000

11 minutes ago, AHPP said:

Interesting. What was the action and how did it go?

Well, I appreciate that the emergency services have it pretty shit and I'm not anti-police so I wasn't really asking for a disciplinary but I wanted an apology from the officer. I also got told that he recently transferred from Thames Valley and is used to a generally negative response from the public. 

I was also told:

Unlike a majority of Police officers on front line duties in D&C, MPC BROWN has not yet been trained in the use of Taser hence does not carry one. This means his only PPE is a Baton, Pepper spray and handcuffs. In all likelihood, if he were a Taser officer, he wouldn’t have drawn a baton instead would more than likely opted to unholster a Taser. This probably would have gone unnoticed by yourselves as it far more discrete.

Which sounds to me like I would have had X10 taser probes in my back instead 😂 Either way I got an apology and a full explanation of what happened which is what I really wanted. 

I also found it funny that the police refer to Batons, pepper spray and handcuffs as "PPE" so I will be ordering those with my next set of steel toe boots on 0% VAT

Edited by Paddy1000111
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Not much of a persecution. Definitely not a criminal prosecution. Not even a civil action. Well done for going to any amount of effort to hold the goon accountable though.

I asked because I’m interested in your legal chops after that other thread about employment/freelancing/subcontracting. You’re the same as Khriss on here. You’ve clearly been on a course or something and know some things about some law but you lack the (absolutely essential) context of how it all goes together. I detect a sense of justice and would encourage you to learn the system from the ground up. Any book called The English Legal System or similar will give you a good start.

28 minutes ago, AHPP said:

Not much of a persecution. Definitely not a criminal prosecution. Not even a civil action. Well done for going to any amount of effort to hold the goon accountable though.

I asked because I’m interested in your legal chops after that other thread about employment/freelancing/subcontracting. You’re the same as Khriss on here. You’ve clearly been on a course or something and know some things about some law but you lack the (absolutely essential) context of how it all goes together. I detect a sense of justice and would encourage you to learn the system from the ground up. Any book called The English Legal System or similar will give you a good start.

I mean, I'm not a lawyer and there wouldn't have been any case to be had here. I just don't like police that give police a bad name. I know a lot about liability law and how to cover my arse as I had to study it for 2 years. I don't really care much past that about becoming a lawyer.

Both my parents worked for the NHS for combined over 75 years and I have seen enough to know the public sector have the S***** end of the stick. They are overworked and underpaid and I don't think the bloke deserves me chasing it to the court/free money for U solicitors just because he acted in an unnecessary way. If he hit me or something then it would be a different story mind. I just wanted him to understand that he stepped over the line and by the response from the professional standards team at Devon and Cornwall and the apology I received from them I achieved what I set out to do. The police already get enough crap from the BLM groups etc, they don't need a baton wielding renegade making matters worse and chasing people back into their home with a metal stick. 

I take it you are a lawyer? 

16 minutes ago, AHPP said:

Well don’t call it a prosecution when it wasn’t one (it was a complaint). That sort of thing makes you sound like a bullshitter.

Not a lawyer. Law degree, some other experience. Unenthusiastic amateur.

I think he actually referred to it as a persecution. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AHPP said:

Well don’t call it a prosecution when it wasn’t one (it was a complaint). That sort of thing makes you sound like a bullshitter.

Not a lawyer. Law degree, some other experience. Unenthusiastic amateur.

So a keyboard warrior who's anally specific about wording. Gotcha...

I'll edit the post so you can go back to stroking your ego 😂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, AHPP said:

Pompous sod! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I've changed the post now to save upsetting you....

If I said "I took the police to court" then I would be a bulls***er. If I said persecuted I could have asked for an apology or cut their hands off, or been abusing them racially for the last century. Get of your high horse before you have a nasty fall 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2