Most suitable Ifor Williams plant trailer ?

arboriculturist

I’d go with what’s available soonest tbh - can’t see it making a great deal of difference unless you regularly move something that is particularly difficult to load.
We had the skids on the previous GH trailers, but I’d avoid them in the future. They were joined together and subsequently flexed/eventually broke as not always unloaded on level ground. The ramp is much better. 
Don’t get the 10 inch wheels either - I spec’d them first time round to keep the floor heights low but the tyres are quite fragile if not driven with care...

8 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

I’d go with what’s available soonest tbh - can’t see it making a great deal of difference unless you regularly move something that is particularly difficult to load.
We had the skids on the previous GH trailers, but I’d avoid them in the future. They were joined together and subsequently flexed/eventually broke as not always unloaded on level ground. The ramp is much better. 
Don’t get the 10 inch wheels either - I spec’d them first time round to keep the floor heights low but the tyres are quite fragile if not driven with care...

Yes, you mentioned full width in a prev. post I think and I will def. go for that. 

GAP spec. GH84BT is the 185/70R13 tyres 5 stud wheels. 

Not sure if that cranked GAP spec drawbar will effect anything ? - they said not - told just cranked so GAP panel van rear doors could open.

17 minutes ago, Moose McAlpine said:

Still worth asking them if it can be done. Knott-Avonride make a huge number of axles in varying configurations, and Ifor make twin axle trailers with 3,500kg gross so it's possible. Just comes down to whether they're willing to put together what you want.

Sure, nothing ventured - nothing gained and you never know.

I was told to put together the spec. I would like and it would be looked at.

For the GAP spec GH 94BT - £ 2300 I recall.

• 3 weeks later...