• daily
    • weekly
    • rarely ie monthly
    • never

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think ladders make you look a little less professional.

I think when they see someone going up a ladder they think thats something they could do and makes our work look a little less skilled.

I dont think using a ladder for access looks unprofessional, using a ladder and hacking bits off only were the ladders reach to does look unprofessional.

Maybe some customs might see you climbing up a ladder and think "hmm yeah I could do that" but I bet they soon change their mind when they see you dangling from a rope lobbing limbs off with a chain saw.:thumbup1: (Well maybe not all!)

You should get yourself a set and conquer that fear mate :thumbup1:

Or maybe hire Deans MEWP and kill two birds with one stone!

JK BTW:001_smile:

I think ladders are great, they are just another tool at our disposal thats makes our life a bit easier and gets the job done a bit quicker.

Now wheres that MEWP poll? :001_tongue:

Ever seen a painter with out a paint brush ?

er... when hes got a roller?:001_tongue:

ladders are fine to getyou onto the first limb, esp if your trying to tho a bag thru tons of lime epocomic.

thro bags are great on nice open limbs, i reckon ladders only look un proffesional if you actualy cutting on them.

ill use ladders, garden wall, top of landy! whatevers about.

telescopic ladders are grrrreat, if you can keep em clean.

I love this thread

let me turn the question on its head a bit, regardless of if you the primary, first best climber uses them, do you have them availible???

I ask cos i love ladders, be them a single step up for changing a fuse or a decent set of triples or heven henchmans for that headge

but regardless of that the rescue climber is usually on lots of sites, the 2nd climber, not as good as you climber???? if we think about planning for a rescue, you may be able to foot lock like a rocet ( me its moor like a pregnat whale footlocking) but what about your rescue climber how quic is he????

just a though

kev

I love this thread

let me turn the question on its head a bit, regardless of if you the primary, first best climber uses them, do you have them availible???

I ask cos i love ladders, be them a single step up for changing a fuse or a decent set of triples or heven henchmans for that headge

but regardless of that the rescue climber is usually on lots of sites, the 2nd climber, not as good as you climber???? if we think about planning for a rescue, you may be able to foot lock like a rocet ( me its moor like a pregnat whale footlocking) but what about your rescue climber how quic is he????

just a though

kev

simple DONT PUT YOUR SELF IN A POSITION THAT YOU REQUIRE RESCUING :001_smile: as for ladders ther ace as lines men still use them ??:thumbup1: