from chainsaw to bandsaw

Tippin Alaybye

been using logosol m8 for a few years now but thinking of switching to a bandsaw ie woodlands HM126 to inc speed of production. anyone out  there done this switch and have any regrets?

i'm pretty slick with the set up of the M8 but basically want to cut more quickly. obviously cutting the log insitu is just part of it.

from arriving at the wood to finishing for the day is the bandsaw head and shoulders above a chainsaw or not much in it. i use an MS661.

Hi I was doing my milling with an Alaskan a d an 880 but broke my ankle and was struggling with it so I naught myself a woodlands mill hm130 and is miles better now I want a bigger one hydrolics etc ,so go for it but why not get the new hm130 max

2 hours ago, Tippin Alaybye said:

been using logosol m8 for a few years now but thinking of switching to a bandsaw ie woodlands HM126 to inc speed of production. anyone out  there done this switch and have any regrets?

i'm pretty slick with the set up of the M8 but basically want to cut more quickly. obviously cutting the log insitu is just part of it.

from arriving at the wood to finishing for the day is the bandsaw head and shoulders above a chainsaw or not much in it. i use an MS661.

The difference in production volumes is huge. Less waste as well. With bigger logs its quite simple to knock out 9-12 three inch  Fence Posts at the same time and accurately but not quite so easy on an M7 etc. save a fortune on fuel too and no Chain oil to worry about. I use about 10 liters a day on my 13hp Bandsaw mill. 

As well as the Woodland Mills offering have a look at Norwoods new budget range. 

WWW.FRONTIERSAWMILLS.COM

Introducing Frontier Sawmills' OS27 Portable Sawmill. Learn how we took the quality of Norwood and applied it to a more...

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, gobbypunk said:

Hi I was doing my milling with an Alaskan a d an 880 but broke my ankle and was struggling with it so I naught myself a woodlands mill hm130 and is miles better now I want a bigger one hydrolics etc ,so go for it but why not get the new hm130 max

cheers but 126 fine for me

37 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

As well as the Woodland Mills offering have a look at Norwoods new budget range. 

WWW.FRONTIERSAWMILLS.COM

Introducing Frontier Sawmills' OS27 Portable Sawmill. Learn how we took the quality of Norwood and applied it to a more...

i want the woodlander trailer so the Norwood a grand dearer

• Like 1