from chainsaw to bandsaw

Tippin Alaybye

2 hours ago, Tippin Alaybye said:

I will nip down the car wash this morning and pick some up

Local farm lad in a tele handler helped me out with mine, be aware that they can jump off the rails if you roll them hard against the stops. Looking to make a set of keepers to run just under rails for mine to mitigate against this. 

• Like 2

All finished. The neighbour came round and insisted of going to his work place to get a pallet jack. I asked politely “will it lift high enough?”
“Oh yes”
My idea was to get a scaffold bar and thread it through the frame and the two of us lift it like a sedan chair.
“That won’t work”
Anyway the pallet jack was a waste of time and we eventually did my plan which worked perfectly. And my wife wonders why I don’t ask for help as much as she thinks I should.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Local farm lad in a tele handler helped me out with mine, be aware that they can jump off the rails if you roll them hard against the stops. Looking to make a set of keepers to run just under rails for mine to mitigate against this. 

The Logosol design is ingenious in this regard. Rubber rollers set at 45 degrees from the main carriage. Seems like Logosol got it right outta the box. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Im not home just now.  The Red arrow is the regular wheels the head rolls on. The green arrow is the rubber wheels that 'clamp' the saw head to the tracks. You can see the angled bar the rubber wheels roll along hopefully? 

Inked_1288294267_LI.jpg

Cheers Andy 

Very well thought out design ?, way better than the woodlands I can possibly get an easy fix on mine due to the way I’ve set the rails above the chassis of the trailer, should make fitting something reasonably simple.  You still in quarantine??. We are possibly heading into Bergen to take fuel and shelter from this weather due in tomorrow night. No shore leave unfortunately due to MSM corona virus ? induced hysterical panic syndrome. 

Edited by Johnsond

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

Cheers Andy 

Verybwell thought out design ?, way better than the woodlands I can possibly get an easy fix on mine due to the way I’ve set the rails above the chassis of the trailer, should make fitting something reasonably simple.  You still in quarantine??. We are possibly heading into Bergen to take fuel and shelter from this weather due in tomorrow night. No shore leave unfortunately due to MSM corona virus ? induced hysterical panic syndrome. 

Im sure you'll fab something up no bother. I'll get you some close up's when Im home next. The rubber wheels securing bolt is secured in a slot thats also at about a 45 degree angle. So you can enter the bolt into the slot and then bring the rubber wheel up snug to the bar it rides along then tighten in place. 

Im still in quarantine yes. Will be free on Friday night. :D Was gonna get the second Swab Test done tomorrow but my boss said forget it as Equinor wont allow anyone to travel under the 10 days quarantine regardless if they have two good tests. So Ive just gotta wait it out. 

Weather picking up then? We've had a few cracking days this week and the next couple are still looking good here. Must drive some of the lads crazy being in port and canny get off the boat and grab a beer. :D 

11 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Im sure you'll fab something up no bother. I'll get you some close up's when Im home next. The rubber wheels securing bolt is secured in a slot thats also at about a 45 degree angle. So you can enter the bolt into the slot and then bring the rubber wheel up snug to the bar it rides along then tighten in place. 

Im still in quarantine yes. Will be free on Friday night. :D Was gonna get the second Swab Test done tomorrow but my boss said forget it as Equinor wont allow anyone to travel under the 10 days quarantine regardless if they have two good tests. So Ive just gotta wait it out. 

Weather picking up then? We've had a few cracking days this week and the next couple are still looking good here. Must drive some of the lads crazy being in port and canny get off the boat and grab a beer. :D 

Yep but the madness prevails right now. 
My 11yr old twins have had to get on the school bus today wearing masks to head down to primary school. The 7 kids on the bus are the same ones they play with at weekends and at school etc indoors and outdoors. Total and utter bloody stupidity. Sturgeon literally could pull anything out the hat at the minute no matter how illogical or lacking in evidence and the disciples would blindly follow.  More worrying still is the zeal with which police Scotland are embracing the new powers allocated to them to deal with people whom have a modicum of dissent in them. 

• Sad 1