Leicester

eggsarascal

Just got in from my first, necessary, visit to Loughborough town centre. Pubs getting ready, orderly queues outside of places, one way alley ways and lots of social distancing. Quite intimidating. Went to the bank and got away quickly....to think that there is nothing to stop people who want to shop, drink or eat out, coming to Loughborough from Leicester except for their conscience, commitment and consideration. 

All of which are 'C' words.

Covid has made me realise that many of the 'so-called' experts - aren't. 

From Chief Medical Officer through to Politicians.  But then we've grown a culture in the UK of promoting the wrong kinds of people up the ladder.  

A mixture of sensible precautions [lockdown] undone by idiotic omissions [providing support to Care Homes].  

There's no clear communication.  About what this virus 'is', what it can do or how to behave.  What the hell does 'Stay Alert' mean?  

On top of that, we have plenty of the people that have no direct experience of the pain and grief it's brought to tens [if not hundreds] of thousands behaving as if the problem is over.  

A vaccine will come [wonder if Novak Djokovic will make an exception?].

But until then, brace for repeated flare-ups and more appearances by Matt Hancock on TV looking increasingly worried.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stere said:

Thailand say they have virtually eliminated  it atm

How can they manage so well with large cities  the poverty and overcrowding in slums etc yet the UK worst per pop in whole world.

Hard to understand.

British public seems just to have less common sense?

It's to do with how much US TV you watch,  countries that consume less US shite ,  are more considerate and less self-entitled.  Manners matter and serious issues are give precedent - not just how big Kim Kardashians arse is, or bonkers football wife's and their rampant self agrandising.  This affects and influences simpletons who then believe they too can get their big arse down to the seaside like Kim. K

Edited by Khriss
I will qualify this by saying I have never actually met Mz K, but her big arse is on most poster boards I pass by on a daily basis .....
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

A virus transmitted by human movements and the focus is upon opening ‘travel corridors’ so that people can get to Magaloof for fish & chips and Watneys Red Barrel. 

Who in their right mind would even contemplate foreign holiday travel at the moment?

Not me guv, but I'm going the pub first day it opens. I'm sick of drinking shite beer out of a can, I want a proper pint of Guinness.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Not me guv, but I'm going the pub first day it opens. I'm sick of drinking shite beer out of a can, I want a proper pint of Guinness.

Need some lead in it do you eggs ?

94979.jpg

Edited by topchippyles
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I know what you mean mate. 

Im not overly bovvereded about pub but I want a haircut!

Had a shorty just before lock-down but it’s longer than living memory now!

That said, I’m not rushing back first day the barber opens. I’ll wait and see how it all pans out first.