Subcontractor work

Jack.P

2 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

You’re very defensive about how powerful your tools are - it’s frankly a meaningless and ridiculous thing to get your knickers in a twist over. 
This guy seems to know it flicks your switch and uses it against you (I’d imagine he keeps stating it to get you to try and prove him wrong and do the job quicker/cheaper).
He is definitely smarter than you are - try and learn from this episode. 

Not defensive just know the facts  .but your right though it could Have just be an attempt to get his jobs done quicker=more profit .

he still offering jobs even though had explained no longer interested .seems as though he will might get desperate.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jack.P said:

Not defensive just know the facts  .but your right though it could Have just be an attempt to get his jobs done quicker=more profit .

he still offering jobs even though had explained no longer interested .seems as though he will might get desperate.

.....if he speaks to all his sub-contractors in this way , is probably why - K

• 4 weeks later...

I was mug enough to give this old messer a hand again today .after his slagging off my gear phase ,his naff saw wouldn’t even start no surprises there .been pollarding few willows even though wrong time of year for it .he was on the job with me this time so made sure he got all the donkey work? .He also tried to nick one of my clients on the weekend as I had mentioned  doing some work there .couldnt make it up really .

Nobody can help you, until you help yourself.

Why are you still working with him?  There are usually three sides to every story, your side, his side and what actually happened.

We may ever know the truth but do yourself a favour and be a master of your own destiny.

Good luck.

• Like 10

On 18/07/2020 at 17:05, Jack.P said:

Funny boy.he was referring to hedge cutters /chainsaws

Some of my own tools include.Stihl hsa 86.hs45.hl95 (all sharpened).bg blower

Stihl msa 120 .ht133,ms 150,241,261,391.Stihl brushcutter/husqvarna mowers 

flatbed trailer /small chipper and loads of other various bits 

good nights work that.

22 minutes ago, Jack.P said:

Had him on phone again tonight .wanted guidance about recent tree work pricing .surprised he hadn’t agreed prices with client before starting . 

Maybe I could train this person and make them business partner 

Why do you go work for him,have you no jobs of your own?You make him out to be a right arsehole on here and then go work for him are you desperate for the work?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, gary112 said:

Why do you go work for him,have you no jobs of your own?You make him out to be a right arsehole on here and then go work for him are you desperate for the work?

Yes not sure why I bother .was just about to go completely solo but just had to spend out on new vehicle so not just yet.

• Like 1